Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not throwing crap on anyone. I simply disagree with his assessment of the course's "bias." And, like Matt, I find it very hard to read his posts -- and that has nothing to do with technology.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

disagree that a lefty shot and a turnover shot or a sidearm shot are not the same thing, that's still funny, it's simple if you have a straight fairway and the basket is on the right, it favors left ,and vice versa ,is that not the case , when you throw a wide open hole do you turn it over, if not then the course is making you not throw your normal shot, isn't it that simple, and when did i bitch about it , i still don't see that in my post, i will be there some time on saturday to give it another try, put what i mean down on paper as i play so when i give my course review hole by hole it will be a accurate, non bias review, just like the last time, thanks for the support guys, tuesdays at 5:00 at wortman, come play a fun, new, exciting course every week brought to you by non other than the grammerless don't know about courses points leading player,

Comment

I'd be willing to venture that this thread got turned sideways largely due to people sitting at computers rather than talking over a round of disc (or beer...)

On the lefty/turnover thing, I'd agree that a lefty and RHFH are equivalent, but i use a right hand back hand turnover when I want the disc to start turning immediately after release rather than flying forward 100+ feet then then turning as a LHBH would do if I had sufficient spin on the disc.

That said, every time I play and one of my arms is out of commission, it really brings to light which arm is favored on a given hole...but for the most part I think the courses I play frequently (Pier, Dabney, Rooster, Milo, Trojan) are all pretty playable with either arm...

And, since were veering for controversy here anyways let me add that Discraft and Innova make discs of equivalent quality and performance.

Originally posted by SMOKIN JOE View Post
        disagree that a lefty shot and a turnover shot or a sidearm shot are not the same thing, that's still funny, it's simple if you have a straight fairway and the basket is on the right, it favors left ,and vice versa ,is that not the case , when you throw a wide open hole do you turn it over, if not then the course is making you not throw your normal shot, isn't it that simple, and when did i bitch about it , i still don't see that in my post, i will be there some time on saturday to give it another try, put what i mean down on paper as i play so when i give my course review hole by hole it will be a accurate, non bias review, just like the last time, thanks for the support guys, tuesdays at 5:00 at wortman, come play a fun, new, exciting course every week brought to you by non other than the grammerless don't know about courses points leading player,

Comment

spellcheck does more than check spelling, the one at Linfield that I my sister used you just talked too and it did the rest, and if I wanted to take the time to figure it out the one i'm on here at work i'm sure probably does, but i don't really care i actually think it's kind of funny
          I was just pointing out that it's hard to read your writing because you don't use sentences. I can figure out grammar, punctuation and spelling. I'm pretty sure there is nothing to figure out about using a period, like this.

And then the enter button like this.

In order to make what you are writing easier to read and more likely to be read.

But if it bothers you that I pointed it out, and you have more fun writing that way, then I retract my statement and support your right to write in a hard to read way.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlitosBonitos View Post
            what he said, layoff, and thanks for all the hard work getting a course installed... I will be checking it out tomorrow, and I guess I will just keep my thoughts to myself as I would hate to be attacked like terry for giving a heads up to those unfortunate enough to not be able to scout every course in Oregon. Also his computer is really old and ghetto so lay off on the grammar and punctuation...
            WTF?? I pointed out that it's hard to read a post that has no space between sentences. It has nothing to do with spelling, punctuation, grammar or technological savvy. This is an attack? WOW.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
              WTF?? I pointed out that it's hard to read a post that has no space between sentences. It has nothing to do with spelling, punctuation, grammar or technological savvy. This is an attack? WOW.
              Slight over reaction... just felt like it was an attack on him. anyways... who cares we all have the same goal to play as much disc golf as possible and I will enjoy the round at the new course tomorrow, regardless of the layout. I am just glad to have another disc golf course. Especially knowing the hard work that was put in to it! Huge ups to Kevin Watson and the Capital City Disc Golf Club!
              Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

it is hard to turn down a beer
                and as for the writing i do dew it on purpose, then first ever post i did like this and it got such review that i thought this must be the way to do it from now on, and my friends that read my weekly updated posts for league have gotten used to it and don't complain, dam it jim can't every body just get along, peace out see whom ever in salem tommorrow

Comment

it is hard to turn down a beer
                  and as for the writing i do dew it on purpose, then first ever post i did like this and it got such review that i thought this must be the way to do it from now on, and my friends that read my weekly updated posts for league have gotten used to it and don't complain, dam it jim can't every body just get along, peace out see whom ever in salem tommorrow
                  He said "Do Dew"!

Down the hall and to your right.
                  DGCR #4424

My Photography Link:
                  http://www.modelmayhem.com/2162

Comment

Keizer has been getting a lot of foot traffic lately. The paths are becoming much more defined and unncessary brush is getting trampled. As for signage and teesigns, we are in process of fixing them up so just keep showing people around until we get the anchors in.

Comment

if i want to go there, and i am going with a group that has never been there before (me included) will i know where to go, as far as tees and baskets go?

Comment

You'll be fine as long as you print out a map: http://www.oregondiscgolf.com/course...pids_plain.gif

(You might even be fine without one, but better safe than sorry.)
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Once we found hole 1, the rest of the navigation from there was easy. Using the map, of course.

People might want to know that the parking to get to the start of the course is down the road past the main lot for the park. When you get off the pavement you know you're on the right track.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Olson View Post
                            Once we found hole 1, the rest of the navigation from there was easy. Using the map, of course.

People might want to know that the parking to get to the start of the course is down the road past the main lot for the park. When you get off the pavement you know you're on the right track.
                            But if you want to start at #1, make sure you turn left as soon as you go off the pavement; if you go straight, you'll be at #6 and #8.
                            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Played my first round Saturday Morning

Awesome course!!!!!!! I had heard some pretty mixed reviews, mostly negative, and I was also told there was a ton of poison oak. I have been cautious but I went to play Saturday dubs and it was there so I said f it, and went anyway. Sweet course by far my favorite in the Salem area, I cant wait to go again. A nice mis of long and short, the shorts are tough, and the longs are tougher. You get to throw over water twice!! Hardly any p-oak on the fairways, defintaley helps to have a spotter, but I throw some pretty hard discs to find (crazy dyes) and I spent zero time looking for them! Major props to any and all who have anything to do with this course! Not a begginer friendly course, but awesome to know its only 20 minutes from my house
                              Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

Good Course

I played the course for the first time last week and I thought the course was pretty badass, the front 9 was a bit rough but I loved the back 9 with the longer holes and air to work with.
                                One side note, don't ever miss the turn to the park and go 1/4 past on that gravel road. It happened to me and some others, the result is a really angry douche bag will yell at you for driving on private property.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X