Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kilowan
    started a topic Dallas: now 18 baskets

Dallas: now 18 baskets

The course is now 18 baskets. Flow seems a little smoother. 5 and 6 are both over the river on either side of the foot bridge. 4 and 7 are long a narrow right on the parking lot.

• kilowan
    replied
    Originally posted by Mcw5378 View Post
    Yeah but you can lose a disc down that grate. The holes in it are huge and it's in your throwing line.
    Wonder who will be the first victim?
    Parks Dept has covered the whole area with river rock, grate is not even visable at this time. Hope the water does not get out of the "bowl" an run into the field.
    Last edited by kilowan; September 3rd, 2013, 02:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mcw5378
    replied
    Yeah but you can lose a disc down that grate. The holes in it are huge and it's in your throwing line.
    Wonder who will be the first victim?

Leave a comment:

• kilowan
    replied
    Hole 15

Tee pad is pavers, and not aimed at a tree.
    The city added a drain at the bottom of the hill so the field would not be flooded in winter and spring near the basket for 15 and tee pad for 16.

Leave a comment:

• InfamousButcher
    replied
    Played this course today and loved it! thanks for all who put it hard work on improvements.

Leave a comment:

• kilowan
    replied
    17 tee-pads

The cement tee pads are in, have been for a while.
    Except for hole 15 which is still a wood frame with crushed rock and aimed directly at a tree instead of at the hole.
    The water run off in the blackberry gulch on 14 has been fixed to not run over the walking path, but need to wait and see how all that water running down the hill to the filed is going to effect the basket at 15 and 17 and tee pad for 16. There was always some flooding issues in the winter and spring, might be more with the way it is set up now. Wait and see.

Leave a comment:

• kilowan
    replied
    Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
    I think if anything, the TEE should be moved back on #6, not the basket. The challenge comes from the basket being so close to the creek, in a narrow strip of grass.
    True, the tee could be moved back. A little paint on blacktop would work. When the tee pads are finished in the back, I wonder if the city will be looking at the wall on 6. It is leaning quite a bit over the creek.

Leave a comment:

• Adam Schneider
    replied
    I think if anything, the TEE should be moved back on #6, not the basket. The challenge comes from the basket being so close to the creek, in a narrow strip of grass.

Leave a comment:

• runnaman
    replied
    Great idea about hole 6. I was out there yesterday planning the layout for the March tournament and noticed the dugout tees. Things are looking good.

Leave a comment:

• kilowan
    replied
    Easier to make 6 longer now

I love throwing across the creek, although I think #5 and #6 could both be made longer -- especially #5, which presents very little challenge.
    Since they cleared out the trees on the island behind hole 6, would love to see them move the basket to be on the island. Would only add about 30-40 feet, but anything would be great.

Leave a comment:

• kilowan
    replied
    More Tee Pads

The Parks Dept looks to be in the process of adding cement tee pads to the back 9. Forms are down, gravel ready to put in. Should make playing this time of year much nicer.

Leave a comment:

• kilowan
    replied
    Tee pads

Along with the removal of a bunch of trees on holes 3, 4, 6 and 7, and the play ground equipment by 3 fairway. The Park's Dept has removed an old paved walk way that went from tee box 1 to the bridge over the creek.
    It has been replaced with a new walkway that includes tee pads for holes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 9. Also cement tee pads look to be added to 7 and 8.
    Half paved (front 9) / half natural (back 9).
    New play sturcture put in, still next to the fairway on 3.
    Now we need the back done.

Leave a comment:

• Adam Schneider
    replied
    I love throwing across the creek, although I think #5 and #6 could both be made longer -- especially #5, which presents very little challenge.

Leave a comment:

• jeverett
    replied
    Isn't #3 the tiny little hole near the picnics and playgrounds? I wish they would take out #3 and #4 and put them over on the other side of the creek between #5 and #6.
    Yep, hole 3 is the shortest hole on the course. I agree with you, although I'd personally completely remove holes 3-6, as well as possibly hole 18. Hole 3 is really too short for even a blue-level course, hole 4 has no safe line other than directly over the parking lot, and holes 5 and 6 again are really too short, not to mention the river precludes any recovery of the exceptionally-unlucky shot that somehow hits a tree or rolls in. Basically, they just don't add anything to the course, which is otherwise excellent (in my opinion).

Leave a comment:

• Adam Schneider
    replied
    Isn't #3 the tiny little hole near the picnics and playgrounds? I wish they would take out #3 and #4 and put them over on the other side of the creek between #5 and #6.

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X