X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas: now 18 baskets

The course is now 18 baskets. Flow seems a little smoother. 5 and 6 are both over the river on either side of the foot bridge. 4 and 7 are long a narrow right on the parking lot.

18 baskets sounds good!!

Are they easy to find?
    Any chance of a map?

Comment

Yes and No

The flow is a little easier to follow.
      There is a true front and back nine, 1 and 10 both start a the same parking lot.
      1 and 2 are the same as before, then all the new holes. Tee area for 3 and 4 are right next to the basket for the previous hole. 5 and 6 are across the river on either side of the foot bridge, 7 is along the parking lot in the ivy, which they cleared out a fairway. 8 is a short walk across the parking lot near the Japanese Garden, with 9 being the practice basket. 10 starts behind the park sign going @ the Japanese Garden, with the basket on top of rise behind some shrubs. 11 is the old hole 3, then the rest is the old lay out, until you get to 18 which is also new. Basket for 16 (was 8) was moved to be straight across the field, with the 17 (was 9) now going along the road, which was in the original plan. 18 is just behind the 17 basket and going across the road toward the river. The river should not be a factor on this hole.
      There is no maps yet, still have the 9 hole layout in the kiosk. Think every thing is still a par 3.
      Hope this is not confusing. Walked it today, talked w/ a few groups that where playing it and they liked it.

Comment

I hope to get out there tomorrow. Whenever someone's driving through Monmouth to disc golf, let me know and I'll come with. Haha.
        Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

Thanks for the info Kilowan.
          I'll try to make it out there this week, maybe tomorrow.

Comment

So #5 and #6 actually throw across the river?
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Yes 5 and 6 are across the creek.
              I heard the course rule would be a 2 stroke penalty per hole is skilled. But a that is a rumor not sure.
              Hope the town gets the new signage up at the kiosk soon.

Comment

Alright, headed out there right now. If anyone wants to join me, I'll be teeing off around 4:45

Comment

Don't get to excited about throwing over the creek.

It's bank to bank both times.
                  145 feet and 105 feet.

Get your putter out.

Comment

Originally posted by Vector_2008 View Post
                    Don't get to excited about throwing over the creek.

It's bank to bank both times.
                    145 feet and 105 feet.

Get your putter out.
                    Oh, I know it's not huge... but so few courses around here have any water at all. And it psychs you out a little, even when it's a short throw.
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

It was fun. The creek shots were fun. Little branches hang over the creek that can swat your disc down. I really like hole 7, 400+ feet with a lot of trees. I was a little confused after that as to where to go, but I figured it out quite easily. I'll write an actual review on dgcoursereview after I play it one more time.

Comment

Map from kiosk.

Comment

The new course is ok. I feel like it's actually not improved at all. The 2 new "water" holes is basically Russian roulette to even play them. The 100 foot throw isn't worth the risk of it dropping into that creek which at the moment is a small river. Then to even get to the water it's a 10 foot drop to rocks that look like they're straight from mordor. Basically 5-6 arnt worth playing, it's 2 sad holes.

Sorry I'm a negative goose at the moment. Bad and long day of work.

Comment

Getting better

City added marker arrows under the baskets to the pipe with direction to next hole and distance.
                            City is really making this look good.

Comment

i heard that the holes across the creek are going to be par 2

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X