Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kilowan
    replied
    Hole 3 Basket back

The trees are gone from the fairway on 3 and 4 and parking lot. Basket for 3 back in place.

Leave a comment:

• kilowan
    replied
    Hole 3 and 4

The city took down some rather large tree's around the basket for 3. Looks like they removed the basket first - thank god. A picnic table and hibachi style BBQ did not fair so well So the basket on 3 is gone and there is a lot of tree debris in this area including the tee for 4.

Leave a comment:

• kilowan
    replied
    Hole Markers

They have put up hole markers at each of the tee areas. Gives the hole and distance. A few of the holes have been named.

Leave a comment:

• kilowan
    replied
    Replaces

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
    Really aggravating that most of the "next tee" arrows have been broken off though. What the hell??
    Parks Dept replaces the direction arrows with a thicker metal version. Hopefully this stops the vandals.

Leave a comment:

• Adam Schneider
    replied
    Really aggravating that most of the "next tee" arrows have been broken off though. What the hell??

Leave a comment:

• Micah P
    replied
    I played this course for the first time last weekend. I had just played cascade gateway, and wanted a little more golf, so I decided to go check out the 9 hole I read was at Dallas. Of course, upon arriving, I found out it was 18, and ended up playing till dusk. I really enjoyed the course. plenty of trees without annoying blackberry bushes and poison oak so often found on woody courses, so if you threw astray on a drive you didnt spend 5 minutes looking for a disc. Yes, I would agree that a couple holes are unplayable on certain days, ( I skipped 2 holes because of kids on the playground and the likelyhood of hitting a parked car) but overall very enjoyable. Thanks for another fun 18 near salem

Leave a comment:

• runnaman
    replied
    In all seriousness, there is no such thing as a par 2.

Here is a link to a helpful document

You can see at the bottom that is says "Designing Par 2 holes is not recommended. The lengths are shown as cautionary indicators that a hole is likely too short for that player level."

So according to this chart, the short holes are either par 3 because of their length and folliage, or too short because of a player's rating.

Hole Length Par
    3 - 156 - 3
    5 - 145 - 3 (Because of water)
    6 - 105 - Shouldn't be a hole
    18 - 180 - 3

Leave a comment:

• kilowan
    replied
    Yes, then some

Originally posted by T_hyzer View Post
    i heard that the holes across the creek are going to be par 2
    According to the score card that I got at the Dallas Chamber, hole 3, 5, 6 and 18 are all par 2.
    But I was told by the city that every hole on the course is a par 3 back in October.
    Guess the pars will be up to the group.
    Keep Hukin'
    Last edited by kilowan; June 11th, 2010, 06:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Adam Schneider
    replied
    I played today too. Very nice. I do think the second over-the-creek shot is a bit TOO short, but it's still fun.

I also worry about safety on #3 (playground) and #4 (parking lot).

Leave a comment:

• T-Bird
    replied
    Played the new layout today and loved it.
    I actually like the short water holes. Just make an ace run at them and you should be fine.
    Nice mix of short/long, easy/difficult, open/wooded holes.
    The basket area of 10 needs work and several holes would be unplayable if there were cars or people on picnic benches but it was a decent Sunday and I had the place to myself pretty much so maybe no big deal.
    All in all it's a BIG improvement.

Leave a comment:

• kilowan
    replied
    River Shots

I e-mail the person with the city that is in charge of setting the new part up and she wrote back that everything is a par 3.

Leave a comment:

• T_hyzer
    replied
    i heard that the holes across the creek are going to be par 2

Leave a comment:

• kilowan
    replied
    Getting better

City added marker arrows under the baskets to the pipe with direction to next hole and distance.
    City is really making this look good.

Leave a comment:

• KevinW
    replied
    The new course is ok. I feel like it's actually not improved at all. The 2 new "water" holes is basically Russian roulette to even play them. The 100 foot throw isn't worth the risk of it dropping into that creek which at the moment is a small river. Then to even get to the water it's a 10 foot drop to rocks that look like they're straight from mordor. Basically 5-6 arnt worth playing, it's 2 sad holes.

Sorry I'm a negative goose at the moment. Bad and long day of work.

Leave a comment:

• kilowan
    replied
    Map from kiosk.

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X