X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Played Camp Taloali

Pretty fun course. Most holes are on the short side, and perhaps too many are mostly open and 195-215 feet. But there's a few gems in there too, and #16 and #17 are aesthetically beautiful (deep green mossy trees).

I'd say most of the course is like a slightly longer version of the Highland Course at Horning's Hideout, but without the elevation.
    Oregon disc golf map

Yeah, like I said, we made it shorter for now cuz ofc it will be kids playing the course during the summer. But once money comes in, we will make alt pin placements on at least 6 of the holes and maybe a few pro tee pads on some holes as well... Hopefully we are able to put in 6 alt pins before the may 7-10 tournament to make the course harder and more tournament worthy.
    I think holes 3-5, 9, 10, 11, 13, 16 and 17 are all good holes. Holes 4 and 5 played the hardest overall at the grand opening... For sure Alt pins would go on holes 1-2, 6, 8, 14, and 18...
    What you think Adam?

Comment

I honestly don't remember all of the specific holes (and stupidly forgot to bring my camera), but I do remember that 1, 2, and 18 could use a little more challenge, and that 3, 4, 5, 7, 16, and 17 were pretty good as-is. 8 through 15, I forget the details.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

You forgot your camera?? Oh man I was counting on you... Guess you need to go backkkkk

Comment

4 alt pins were put in last weekend. I went out today to move the baskets and omg I love the new placements as it adds more challenge to the course overall.
          Hole 2 is about 110 feet longer from its original 219 foot pin.
          Hole 6 is 50 feet to the left which makes it a lefty route and is a blind hole basically.
          Hole 8 is 50 feet longer to the right making it a 310 foot lefty route or long turnover for right handers.
          Hole 14 got the biggest change as the basket is moved 145 feet back into the forest, which changes it from the easiest hole to a top 3 hardest hole as birdies will be almost nonexistent and becomes a must par hole.
          Go enjoy the new changes! Don't forget that your donations are crucial to course mainteance and upgrades.

Comment

I really would like to get down there again some time... maybe next week.
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Looks like I'm headed down there at some point tomorrow. Snap, are all four of the new placements "active"?
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                Looks like I'm headed down there at some point tomorrow. Snap, are all four of the new placements "active"?
                Snap told me he moved the baskets into the new long positions. 14 should be real hard unless a lot of bushes and tree limbs have been cleared away.

Comment

all 4 have been moved and are active, i updated dgcoursereview w the pins. 14 has gotten some trimming to make approaches more realistic... text me 503 409 5696 and i can maybe join as i live 20 mins away.

also a guy named ian (i believe) played the course on the 2nd and said he had a tractor that he wld be willing to bring and help; he didnt leave his card with the caretakers, anyone know of anyone w bulldozers etc that could help with clearing new teepad zones and longer pin placement areas? let me know

Comment

I lost my favorite disc there today (pink Opto Halo on #6). If it turns up, what do they do as far as losts and founds?
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

The caretakers should tell me any discs that get turned in at the front house... I looked for 20 minutes for that pink halo on #6, you must have ripped it to kingdom come. New garbage cans are on 8 and 15 tees while a recycle can is on 8 for now... Hoping to get at least 3-4 more cans out there to keep the trash to a minimum and recycling to a maximum...

Comment

There are plans for 4-6 more alt pins to go in the next few weeks. Holes 5, 11, 12, and 13 are the first 4 to get alt pins in the plans... If anyone wants to help or have any input in the plans, let me know.

Hole 5 alt pin - There's a space between two groups of trees on the right side about 300-350.
                        Hole 11 alt pin - About 75-100 to the left along the path back to hole 3.
                        Hole 12 alt pin - About 75-100 longer straight back left.
                        Hole 13 alt pin - About 75-100 back left past the berm.

Comment

Went out today with my dad and marked some proposed alt pin ideas with 3 orange flags.

Anyone who goes out there soon and wants to see the proposed ideas and offer their own input, i'm all for it...

Hole 3 - 110 feet longer between 2 trees
                          Hole 4 - 90 shorter but in grove of trees on the right
                          Hole 5 - on the opposite side between 2 trees on a little mound
                          Hole 6 - 80 Longer straight back on a little mound with a 25-30 foot slope behind it
                          Hole 11 - 170 feet to the left farther back making this a par 4 hole
                          Hole 12 - 75 feet back along the trail making this a different type of throw
                          Hole 13 - 80 feet back past the berm

Comment

Dug the holes for alt pins on 3, 4, 5, 11, 12, 13. Cement and alt pins going in this week.

Mock map will be made this week as well and put on here for peeps to see where the new pin placements are going. Changed a few things. Hole 5, I decided to go another 80-100 feet back on the right side to go over 400 feet. Hole 11 is in the 450-500 range. Moved 13 back another 50-60 feet.

Anyone have measuring tools I can use to measure the new alt pins since there are 10 new ones now?

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                              Anyone have measuring tools I can use to measure the new alt pins since there are 10 new ones now?
                              If no one comes up with a laser range finder for you to use, I have a 300 foot tape I can loan you. I measured all the alt pins in Salem with it after we put them in.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X