Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that would be great vector, be good to get that this week...

Cement and alt pins put in on 3, 4, 5 and 11 today, tarps over them. Baskets being moved on friday.

Gonna guess the footage before measuring just for fun
    Hole 3 A:255(current) B:345 (straight)
    Hole 4 A:370 (in the trees on the right) B:447 (Current)
    Hole 5 A: 315 (current) B: 420 (straight to the right)
    Hole 11 A: 317 (current) B: 480 (follows trail to the left to 3 fairway)
    Hole 12 A: 211 (Current) B: 280 (straight left)
    Hole 13 A: 196 (Current) B: 310 (straight left)

Comment

Holes 3, 4, 5, and 11 are being moved into their new positions on Vetrans Day! 12 and 13 will be moved on Sunday or Monday.

Measured all 6 holes.
      3A: 255, 3B: 370
      4A: 370, 4B: 447
      5A: 315, 5B: 450
      11A: 317: 11B: 475
      12A: 211, 12B: 270
      13A: 196, 13B:325

so 8 alt pins in effect tomorrow or today should I say and 2 more in a few days for 10 alt pins, thanks to donations from Jerry Miller and Ace hardware in Stayton!

Comment

The course is in awesome condition right now... Garbage cans on holes 1, 5, 8, 12, and 15.

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
          The course is in awesome condition right now... Garbage cans on holes 1, 5, 8, 12, and 15.
          What is the procedure to play now? Show up and play? Tomorrow morning?
          Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
          Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darr View Post
            What is the procedure to play now? Show up and play? Tomorrow morning?
            Just show and play. The course should be open until next summer.

Comment

While there are almost no plans for anyone to use the camp for a long time, courtesy is to email or call the caretakers to ask beforehand. But the majority of the locals just go when they can, however risk running into a closed gate, which will happen when the caretakers are gone... so email/call just to be on the safe side...
              Look forward to some more reviews since the 10 alt pins have gone in and work was done on the tee pads by a couple volunteers from the area so thanks to those guys.

taloalidiscgolf@aol.com or 503-400-6546 (phone number goes to videophone interpreter).

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3617

Check the pictures, updated holes 11-13 today
              Last edited by snap7times; December 16th, 2010, 11:09 PM.

Comment

A few things. Spent a few hours cutting and chainsawing a few trees and limbs on some holes like 12-14. Updated signs 2-6, 8, 11-14 with better laminated sheets showing alt pin placements.

And please, if the gate is closed, dont drive around the gate onto the yard!!!

Comment

Spent another hour or so trimming branches on 5, 13, and 14 with the chainsaw and 20 foot ladder...

Comment

Good Job

I just wanted thank everyone for their hard work that has gone into making this course, I just played it for the first time last Saturday for our Bad Ace winter series and I have to say that I was very impressed at how fun and challenging the course was. Besides the obvious new course nasty rough syndrome (which will only get better with time) I think that it's one of the best new courses to be put in for the last couple of years. My highlight of the day was getting a 2 on hole 4, I threw a roller and then made a 45 footer through a tiny gap in the brush, super fun times.

Comment

Thanks man... Over the past 6 months, the 100 percent of the work has been done by Scott Martin, the big tall guy who is the caretaker at the camp-his name is Richard, the main camp caretaker who is not there anymore(seasonal position), and myself. What most people don't realize is more than 75 percent of the fairways were under 3-8 feet of pure rough bushes and trees and whatnot. So thank you for your kind words. The caretaker takes excellent care of the fairways and mows them when they need mowing as well as cutting the occasional fallen branch out of the way. I try my best to make the fairways fair with branch trimming and there will be at least 2-3 more alt pins added before the May 14-15 tournament. Leave a review on DGcoursereview.com please

Sweet birdie on hole 4... I haven't had anything close yet on that hole.

Take the time to stop at the front house and tell Richard thank you for his hard work, he even mows the main grounds before any major disc golf tournament I put on out there, including the May 14-15 one...

Comment

Thanks to Snap and crew for all the hard work!!! This was one heck of a fun course... great layout, variety. It's easy to see that this will turn into a gem with a couple of years of foot traffic. I was also extremely surprised at how close it is to Salem. I will definatly be adding this course to my already tough desecion of what course should we go play. Also count me in for your next tourney Snap!!!
                        Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

a 6 foot cougar been sighted on the grounds.... heads up

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                            a 6 foot cougar been sighted on the grounds.... heads up
                            Talk about hazards! Now I really want to experience this course.

Comment

2-4 baskets are being moved on a weekly basis from last week until the 1st week of June when the course will be closed for the summer...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X