X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth It

I've played Camp Dakota a couple times. Mostly left doglegs and some straight shots. Great course for backhanders. Good baskets. OK Tees. Enough trees and elevation changes to make it challenging. If you're < 45 minutes away it's definitely worth the drive for a day trip. They charge by the car so carpool

If you're more than 45 minutes away and you enjoy camping/paintball/zipline it's definitely worth an overnight trip.

We camped there last summer and had a blast. I would not take beginners to this course - very tight fairways and very thick brush.

The only other knock I have on this course is that disc golf is kind of an after thought. Another activity they offer is "treasure hunting". They have buried thousands of coins and cheap jwelery all over the course and rent metal detectors so people can go "treasure hunting". Not only were there small holes all over the course, at certain times the course was crowded with people who couldn't figure out why we wanted to throw frisbees and then chase after them.

On the plus side, I did get an ace out there. Don't know the hole # - it's the one that shoots over the pond. My witness was some dude on the zip line directly over head, so that was pretty cool.

Comment

Over the lake is #10. I remember because the first time I played it we started to think it was a 9 hole since the walk from 9 to 10 is so far. Nice job on the ace.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
      Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X