X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping at Whistlers

Can I just drive to whistlers and pay for camping once I arrive or is there a website where I can make reservations? Never been there so I want to make sure I don't drive down and get stuck sleeping in my car.

Thanks ahead for your time and if you know how much it costs a night that would be great too.
    "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
    -- Arthur Ashe

Originally posted by JR Stengele View Post
    Can I just drive to whistlers and pay for camping once I arrive or is there a website where I can make reservations? Never been there so I want to make sure I don't drive down and get stuck sleeping in my car.

Thanks ahead for your time and if you know how much it costs a night that would be great too.

Whistler's Bend Park (541-673-4863) - 2828 Whistler's Park Road, Roseburg, OR 97470 located 15 miles east of Roseburg off Highway 138, has 175 acres and is adjacent to the North Umpqua River. It provides a rustic setting for a diversity of recreational pursuits including fishing, boat launch ramp, playground, picnicking, camping (no hook-ups), hiking and a disc golf course. There are showers and restrooms with 23 “first come - first served” paved sites. Individual sites are $15 per night. A $2 per night discount applies for Douglas County residents for individual campsites. Credit and Debit cards are not accepted at the campground. (Individual campsites are closed during the winter.) There are two reservable group sites available: Group A (30 people) is $50 per night, Group B (100 people) is $100 per night. There are 2 reservable Yurts available at $32 per night. To make reservations for Group camping and the YURTS, please call The Douglas County Park Headquarters Office at 541-957-7001, between the hours of 10:00am and 2:00pm, Monday through Friday excluding County holidays. A $10 non-refundable reservation fee will be charged for all reservations.

http://www.co.douglas.or.us/parks/campgrounds.asp

Comment

Originally posted by bryan_luoma View Post
      Whistler's Bend Park (541-673-4863) - 2828 Whistler's Park Road, Roseburg, OR 97470 located 15 miles east of Roseburg off Highway 138, has 175 acres and is adjacent to the North Umpqua River. It provides a rustic setting for a diversity of recreational pursuits including fishing, boat launch ramp, playground, picnicking, camping (no hook-ups), hiking and a disc golf course. There are showers and restrooms with 23 “first come - first served” paved sites. Individual sites are $15 per night. A $2 per night discount applies for Douglas County residents for individual campsites. Credit and Debit cards are not accepted at the campground. (Individual campsites are closed during the winter.) There are two reservable group sites available: Group A (30 people) is $50 per night, Group B (100 people) is $100 per night. There are 2 reservable Yurts available at $32 per night. To make reservations for Group camping and the YURTS, please call The Douglas County Park Headquarters Office at 541-957-7001, between the hours of 10:00am and 2:00pm, Monday through Friday excluding County holidays. A $10 non-refundable reservation fee will be charged for all reservations.

http://www.co.douglas.or.us/parks/campgrounds.asp
      Your awesome! I am a little worried though because I am driving 6.5 hours and the "first come - First served" paved campsites seems like it could be risky. Is it usually booked during the summer and are there other sites nearby? Anyone? Thanks again.

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
      -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

When Chuck and I went down last summer, we had similar worries, but there was an ample amount of sites available. Of course, if you're able to make it down on a weekday, your chances get that much better.
        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Your awesome! I am a little worried though because I am driving 6.5 hours and the "first come - First served" paved campsites seems like it could be risky. Is it usually booked during the summer and are there other sites nearby? Anyone? Thanks again.
          I don't know of any camping real close by. On a nice summer weekend, it does fill up a lot. Do NOT trust the sign at the entrance, go to the campground and see for yourself if there is a spot. If you arrive in the morning you might also ask people who look like they might be packing up.

The "ranger" this past weekend was pretty oblivious to whether it was full or not, and didn't seem capable of much.

Comment

Ranger? No. Caretaker? Barely.
            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Nice, thanks. I am leaving on a sunday to head down and will be there through tuesday. Two nights only though so I guess worst case we walk in to the woods for a night and throw up a tent if it is full. I hope most people aren't setting up to camp out on a sunday late in the afternoon to evening. Thanks again everyone.

-- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                Ranger? No. Caretaker? Barely.
                Like I said, "ranger".

Comment

Nice, thanks. I am leaving on a sunday to head down and will be there through tuesday. Two nights only though so I guess worst case we walk in to the woods for a night and throw up a tent if it is full. I hope most people aren't setting up to camp out on a sunday late in the afternoon to evening. Thanks again everyone.
                  Showing up on Sunday should give you a very good chance. Enjoy! And bring a floatie, raft, inflatable kayak, or innertube and do the float from day use to the campground. Thank me later.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X