X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WB tee signs: what do you think?

Shaweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeT!
    Kudos again to Nate Baker, Josh Gausnell, Will Mckinerney and all those who've helped.
    Thanks for helping this old farts dreams become real.
    Last edited by Flatroc; April 30th, 2010, 07:55 AM. Reason: dumbass rookie at the wheel
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

You can't post a link to a message in your own mailbox!
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

damn rookies

Sorry, I got excited and I'm not as smart as a 5th grader.
      Do you have any ideas you'd like to share.
      thanks and sorry again
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      - Anonymous

Comment

here ya go

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/83/hole1beta.jpg

I think that should work.
        -Devin Cordell #38801

Comment

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

My browser doesn't like that image 'cause it's CMYK... here it is converted to RGB, cropped, and shrunk a bit:

Oregon disc golf map

Comment

It looks great, by the way; as nice as I've seen. And they will be VERY helpful for #10, #11, #12, etc., where right now you have no idea where the basket is if you don't know the course.

(Shouldn't there be an apostrophe in "Whistler's"?)
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

they look awesome. I especially like the distance markers on there.
                Throw What You Know.
                "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                PDGA# 45989

Comment

Nice work, Nate!
                  Apostrophe question: I often leave out the apostrophe because I don't know if it's Whistler's (bend is named after a guy named Whistler, or a single whistler of some sort) or Whistlers' (multiple whistlers).
                  Tried googling for the history, but no luck... did find that it's singular, though (according to the county parts department).
                  So, I say we make up our own story. Whistlers Bend: It's not an adjective and a noun, but a noun and a verb, and it's a directive. "It's a good idea for anyone whistling to bend while they whistle." We could even use a comma and an exclamation point:
                  Whistlers, bend!
                  And a penalty stroke for anyone who whistles without bending. Yeah.

Anyway, really, I posted to pay homage to the signs. Can't wait to see them! Thanks, guys.

Comment

Everything on the Douglas County Parks Web site uses the apostrophe; assumably it's named after an early settler named Whistler?

You won't find an apostrophe on USGS maps, but that's because they have a weird anti-apostrophe policy in place names, even when it should obviously be there (e.g., Marys Peak).
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Once the sign'''''''''''''''''''''s are done we will be having a work party to put them in. Everyone is more then welcome to come and be apart of this. When i get the signs it will happen pretty fast and i will post a notice on here for a work party.

Comment

Very nice looking signs, great work!

I'm curious how the "current setting" feature works.
                        How do you toggle the "current setting" from one position to another to indicate the current pin-placement?

Comment

Originally posted by bryan_luoma View Post
                          Very nice looking signs, great work!

I'm curious how the "current setting" feature works.
                          How do you toggle the "current setting" from one position to another to indicate the current pin-placement?
                          Just looking at the sign, it looks like you drill out the center of the indicators and then place a bolt or something though the hole indicating the placement.
                          Throw What You Know.
                          PDGA# 45989

Comment

Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
                            Just looking at the sign, it looks like you drill out the center of the indicators and then place a bolt or something though the hole indicating the placement.
                            Yes, and I just noticed the other two pink spots in the top and bottom center. Clearly, those are meant to be drilled.
                            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                              Yes, and I just noticed the other two pink spots in the top and bottom center. Clearly, those are meant to be drilled.
                              one would think they would have an x in the circle to indicate drilling needed but I guess not everyone uses the same standards
                              Throw What You Know.
                              PDGA# 45989

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X