X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie DG'er

Hey all... Very new to DG, but way hooked already. I have a group of probably 8 or so other complete newbies that want to try a round at Whistlers Bend this Sunday.

I noticed that there is the Sunday Singles that start at 10am and then the Sunday Doubles at 2pm. We were planning on starting around noon as a group.

My question is... How big are the Sunday events. Will it be a problem for us to squeeze in at noon?

I've never played at Whistlers (only first two holes), so this is all new. Looks like an awesome place though.

Thanks for any info anybody might have.

Ron

Hey Ron! Welcome to the sport and to the new forum.

I don't know the answer to your questions as we only get to Whistler's when we are REALLY lucky... but I don't think you guys showing up and playing would be much of a problem.

You are in for a treat. Whistler's is an amazing place. Wait until you get to the Top of the World. Just remember... don't throw straight out. Don't throw up. Pick a spot short of the basket and throw down.

Enjoy. I'll try and get someone to answer your question.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam
      Don't throw up.
      Well that's just ALWAYS good advice...
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider
        Well that's just ALWAYS good advice...
        lol... well if I (we) do... it wont be from the discs.

Thanks for the advice Sam... I guess we can just go check it out and if it's too busy we can head into town and do Riverside. I done that one a couple times.

We drove around Whistlers and WOW... cant wait to do 14 (Top of the World).

Ron

Comment

It truly is a unique experience. The whole course is amazing and we are lucky that it is in our state.

Have fun! Keep checking back here.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by ASOT
            Hey all... Very new to DG, but way hooked already. I have a group of probably 8 or so other complete newbies that want to try a round at Whistlers Bend this Sunday.

I noticed that there is the Sunday Singles that start at 10am and then the Sunday Doubles at 2pm. We were planning on starting around noon as a group.

My question is... How big are the Sunday events. Will it be a problem for us to squeeze in at noon?

I've never played at Whistlers (only first two holes), so this is all new. Looks like an awesome place though.

Thanks for any info anybody might have.

Ron
            We're glad you found your way here. Welcome!

And have fun at Whistlers!

Comment

Whistlers Report:

WOW... great place. We arrived at a little after 12pm. Tossed around waiting for others to show up. Not crowded at all.... in fact nobody was around.

We (6 of us) started just before 1pm. Then it seems to have picked up a bit... we were letting people play through just about every hole. No biggie for us, 6 newbies takes a while to hole out compared to 2 seasoned players.

Had a great time. Hole 14 was a trip... great tip Sam. I shot a 4.

I cant remember the exact holes (7, 8, 9?), but there are a couple holes right on the cliffs overlooking the North Umpqua. We lost one disc over the edge and couldnt find a way down, so we thought we would look after we finished the course. Later while searching the river we found good trails that get you down there. Never did find the lost disc, but now we know how to get down there.

Great time... great place.

Ron

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it, Ron. I am jealous that you live so close...
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Ron anytime you wanna play with someone that is out there alot let me know. I try and golf Whistlers 1-2 times a week.
                  http://www.discgolforegon.com

Comment

Suddenly, I taste jealousy...
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Sam can come too...
                      http://www.discgolforegon.com

Comment

One of the best courses in Oregon

I think this course is excellent I have played from northern Cali to Vancouver now and well I would have to say there are not many that top that course. I like playing the extra holes during the tourney there as that was awesome and throwing top of the world from the water tank was out of control. I hope someday I get back down there for that as I already miss this course.

Comment

new tee on #5

Many putts ago, (18 years or so) Ernie and I knew we'd need something different down the road for tee #5.
                          Well, we've long past reached that spot in the road, so some of my faithful UDAer's went out and made it happen!
                          This new tee will give us some new looks for an alt pin which has been difficult for this hole.
                          Good job fellers, and thanks for continuing to do things for the right reasons.
                          LOVE of the GAME BABY!
                          's ROCS!
                          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                          - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
                            Many putts ago, (18 years or so) Ernie and I knew we'd need something different down the road for tee #5.
                            Well, we've long past reached that spot in the road, so some of my faithful UDAer's went out and made it happen!
                            This new tee will give us some new looks for an alt pin which has been difficult for this hole.
                            Good job fellers, and thanks for continuing to do things for the right reasons.
                            LOVE of the GAME BABY!
                            's ROCS!
                            The new hole only has a wood chip tee pad for now, we should be putting in a concrete pad on the 28th. If your out there try to find the new pad it freaking rocks.
                            My drunken words are my sober thoughts!

Comment

The new hole rocks!!!!!!!!!!!! I played it 3 times today and 2 birdies and 1 bogey.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X