X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more tact

Adam, first off I'd like to say what a good job you are doing on the course forum.

But, I think you need to choose different words to express your opinion.
    I feel it's unintentional but you have bothered some folks down south here with your review of Selmac. (myself included)
    I just hope Sleepy Hollow Bob doesn't read it asI think it would really hurt his feelings.
    Those fellers busted butt to get that course in.
    Maybe you could try a "course review committee" with 3 or 4 fellers giving input on each course before you make it public knowledge.
    thanks for your efforts
    yose
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

What on earth did I say that could have bothered anyone? I said many of the holes were similar (which is hard to dispute) and made a point of noting that it was not the fault of whomever designed the course. Did you want me to say "OMG THIS IS BETTER THAN MCIVER"?? I'll admit I rated it a touch lower because of its off-the-beaten-path location; if it were more accessible, I probably would have rated it 3.5.

Also, please note that I posted my review on a site whose entire purpose is individual reviews of disc golf courses! Feel free to post your own...

Please, someone who's not personally invested in Lake Selmac read the review in question and tell me if this is somehow "tactless."
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I just read the review. It seems pretty reasonable. I didn't see anything that I would read as a lack of tact.
      Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by proto something or other View Post
        I just read the review. It seems pretty reasonable. I didn't see anything that I would read as a lack of tact.
        Agreed.

Comment

monotony

I guess what bothered me a little was where you said......
          "Nice but a bit monotonous" and using all caps on "Water isn't as much of a hazard as it COULD be" which IMO slams the designer.
          It's all about opinions right?
          I didn't realize anyone could review any course which is pretty cool.
          You're doing a darn fine job Adam.
          I apologize if I upset you with my opinion.
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          - Anonymous

Comment

The water hazard thing is just constructive criticism. Maybe someday they'll find room for 9 more holes and really make you fear the lake.

DGCourseReview is a great site. Every course has its pluses and minuses, and it often takes disinterested third parties to point them out. (I emphasize "disinterested" because, for example, the one review of Skyline in Cathlamet was posted by the owner of this pay-to-play course, and that's not very helpful!)
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X