Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not the Mary we used to know

This park deserves a thread.
    I would like to make a plan to talk with Jo Co Parks about a possible revamp of the existing course.
    It won't be the one we play for the SOWS gigs, but a few changes might be fun.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

Indian Mary...

This was the first time I was introduced to disc golf... I was helping my girlfriends brother set-up for his wedding at the west edge of the park and he said we had to wait for a couple hours while the charis were coming. He then comes over with a couple of thick plastic frizbees. I am like... what the heck are those... He responds oh... it's cool its called disc golf. I threw them a couple of holes and thought what a stupid game... very difficult. 9 years years later I am addicted to the very same stupid game... only now I call it a sport and I try and teach it to as many random folks as possible! Indian Mary deserves its own page... it will always have a special place in my heart. If only it wasnt a 4 hour drive... hmm
    Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

Me and Rick M. used to go rafting with his family there every year. We would always set up a temp course while we were there. A county park ranger asked me what were doing. Told him all about it, showed him the course, and the next year we came blam there was disc golf.
      Always felt I might have had something to do with that.

Comment

Thats awesome...

Originally posted by SMOKIN JOE View Post
        Me and Rick M. used to go rafting with his family there every year. We would always set up a temp course while we were there. A county park ranger asked me what were doing. Told him all about it, showed him the course, and the next year we came blam there was disc golf.
        Always felt I might have had something to do with that.
        See Terry you have been shaping my disc golf experience since before we knew each other existed... the disc golf lord works in mysterious ways....
        Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X