X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Years Day Golf

So much fun was had on Christmas that it was asked if we were doing this on New Years. So I guess I am. Jerimiah K. you don't have to miss this one. Sorry you couldn't make it on Christmas.

Doubles will start at 12:00 noon
    $5.00 bones a piece
    always free for those just wanting to play for fun
    Divisions if applicable
    bring your partner
    don't have one come anyway, you can match up with someone else or play California

Singles will start at 2:00 p.m.
    $5.00 bones a piece
    always free for those just wanting to play
    Divisions if applicable

We played the tough 12 on Christmas all in the same division. The better players played the tough rules. The rest played the course tee to basket without any mando's or Island greens or penalties.

as always we can put anything to a vote and do whatever the majority decides as long as it doesn't exclude anyone.

see ya in 2010

Originally posted by SMOKIN JOE View Post
    So much fun was had on Christmas that it was asked if we were doing this on New Years. So I guess I am. Jerimiah K. you don't have to miss this one. Sorry you couldn't make it on Christmas.

Doubles will start at 12:00 noon
    $5.00 bones a piece
    always free for those just wanting to play for fun
    Divisions if applicable
    bring your partner
    don't have one come anyway, you can match up with someone else or play California

Singles will start at 2:00 p.m.
    $5.00 bones a piece
    always free for those just wanting to play
    Divisions if applicable

We played the tough 12 on Christmas all in the same division. The better players played the tough rules. The rest played the course tee to basket without any mando's or Island greens or penalties.

as always we can put anything to a vote and do whatever the majority decides as long as it doesn't exclude anyone.

see ya in 2010

You do know that no Ducks will be present? Is this by design?
    Training to be a bagger

Comment

Well I'm a big Duck's fan. I'm the guy who said they still had national championship hopes after game 1. I also said they would have no problem running the ball or getting back in the top 25 and staying there. But instead, I'll use my recording device and watch it after playing golf. I can't see a better way of bringing in the New Year than playing golf. Especially when it's a paid holiday. Playing golf while getting paid. What a novel experience. Bringing home over 100.00 bones while playing golf almost makes me feel like a pro. The other bummer is that my dad is from Warren and I knew what a Buckeye was long before a Duck. So I'm rooting for OSU for the second straight time against the Ducks. I'm a Beaver fan Second, Duck fan third.

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKIN JOE View Post
        Well I'm a big Duck's fan. I'm the guy who said they still had national championship hopes after game 1. I also said they would have no problem running the ball or getting back in the top 25 and staying there. But instead, I'll use my recording device and watch it after playing golf. I can't see a better way of bringing in the New Year than playing golf. Especially when it's a paid holiday. Playing golf while getting paid. What a novel experience. Bringing home over 100.00 bones while playing golf almost makes me feel like a pro. The other bummer is that my dad is from Warren and I knew what a Buckeye was long before a Duck. So I'm rooting for OSU for the second straight time against the Ducks. I'm a Beaver fan Second, Duck fan third.
        Getting paid to play golf. What a perfect day. See ya at noon.

Comment

Would like to thank all that came and enjoyed the holiday with me.
          Chris from the Rockwood area and I(Braden for a few holes) teamed up and won the Doubles round. Almost broke par at 1 over. Carl and Bryan got down early and tried to hang in there at plus 4. Team Maffin plus Jeni played well. Jerimiah and Ketwaun also played well coming in at plus 6.
          Singles was a blast. It rained the whole round. Scotty had a car load a players but the doubles took longer than expected and it was coming down hard and they said c-ya. Me, Carl, Bryan, and Ketwaun battled hard. Jerimiah had a rough start but played just as good from there on. Carl took the early lead. The rest of us switched spots untill we were all tied up with 2 holes to go. Bryan took the lead going into the last hole while Carl took a step back. Bryan stepped back on the last hole for a three way tie. Bryan was out after one hole and Ketwaun was out after two just as dark arrived. So sweeping the day was an added bonus to a happy new year. Till next year.

Comment

Thanks for inviting us out. It was a fun day rain and all. And yes the first 1/2 of the 2nd round did not go well for me

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X