X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver Squirrel Disc Golf Challenge Sunday October 25th 2009

bringing back the challenge of years gone by,, a tournament in the early 90's where a make up a U.S. Open type course,hard and challenging with many obstacles,mando's, island greens,long par 3's,tough o.b.'s,knee bunkers,kiddy pool water traps, you get the idea,anything and everything will be done so you don't achieve a par or better round,no one has ever had an under par round, in the past there was a 100.00 bounty on the first to brake par i will see if i can raise the bounty money,i will try to make this a pdga c tier if course obstacles are approved
    open 50.00
    adv.35.00
    am.20.00
    rec.10.00

made a tentitive course,without all the bells and whistles,shot +14,+16,+10 on my three practice rounds,others have faired worse,randy had a +8 on the 12 park holes ,not bad , the field holes are a little harder than at the daylight savings tournament ,

Comment

No OB (no kiddy pools)

Tough Shots, disinfectant for water lies, Mando's are decided by who has the chain saw.

Comment

no kiddy pools,even though they make a good disc washing station,i'll just come up with something else you won't like then,of course if you put up the bounty then we can do whatever you like

Comment

the 100.00 CHALANGE

so here's the challenge
          pay the fee as will be listed,, be the first one or ones(split)to break par on the course win 100.00 all proseeds will go to the trophy and added cash fund for the october tournament plus the 100.00 if not won
          fees are as follows
          just want to play a tough course to cuss and kick knowing there's no way in hell to break par just to watch me run my portable added chain m-14 around the school field yard priceless
          ams=1.00
          adv=3.00
          open=5.00
          pdga984+=10.00
          pdga1024+=25.00(not that anyone with that rating would come see me but better safe than sorry)
          will give course detial later my son wants to get a round in hard to say no to that

Comment

tough twelve plus six field holes par 54

hole 1
            ----tee off small concrete pad by storage units fence by row of picnic tables by parking lot towards big tree and picnic table at end of fairway,trees dead in front that you have to go through or around,dogleg left mando tree at end of fairway by table,turn left and go back to basket one 250 feet to mando 150 feet to basket,, simi open to mando open, after that very open
            o.b.'s
            -mando tree,out of park boundry,on or over walking path,concrete picnic tables,6foot6,permanent dirt spots around trees,dirt of infield,dirt around baskets and trees on green are not o.b.even if the dirt goes beyond 33 feet
            hole 2-
            -------tee off path or grass by outfield fence where appartment fence starts tee between appatment end pole and adjacent outfield fence pole to basket twelve 250 feet,220 to green,green 70 square, quick downhill right at green
            o.b.'s-
            island green,must get across path and inside ring of trees around outside of green,draw a line from path to first tree on right around the five tree ring to path, 6 foot 6,drop zone after second shot big tree across path up hill by table
            hole 3---
            tee off dirt by play area tee towards opening in woods dogleg right of last tree on right of tee area before it tapers off downhill, still dirt, to basket three 80 feet to mando 200 from there,tight tee area trees in the fairway to go over or around as well,creek in front of basket
            o.b.'s--
            mando tree,on or over path,water,6 foot 6, island tee, must make outside of tree dirt area to be in play,if you miss the mando or don't get past the dirt area you must tee again,dirt areas around trees,
            hole 4---
            tee off service road by slide by parking lot,crack and patch in the road,to basket 11,550 feet downhill to start, uphill to finish,trees in fairway to work around
            o.b.'s--
            on or over road till it meets the path that goes across the bridge and up to a bench at a tee in the path,then on or over that path,creek about 350 out, path crossing fairway about 100 from basket,bench,dirt around trees,6 foot 6
            hole 5--
            tee straight behind tee board 14 about 40 feet,use same mando tree,dogleg right,as regular 14, to basket ten,150 to mando,150 to basket,fairly tight all the way
            o.b.'s--
            mando tree,on or over path,sidewalk of building,6 foot 6,no o.b. for dirt around trees
            hole 6----
            take path by bathrooms and kazebo,almost to play area,tee off grass by street under tree overhang,mando right of big tree at end of wooded area before it opens up to basket nine and closes again,350 to mando 100 to basket
            o.b.'s--
            tables,kazebo,play area,mando tree,6 foot 6,path,flag pole,no o.b. for dirt around trees
            hole 7---
            tee off dirt patch by path,looks like a pad,to basket four,tight tee and green open fairway,200 feet downhill
            o.b.'s--
            island green, the creek around the basket to the left,front and behind,a three tree o.b. line by the hump in the green to the right from creek to road,6 foot 6
            hole 8---
            tee off road ,past tee in road and path,to basket seven,you will see a straight line between you and the basket with no trees in between,just 100 of them outside the 8 foot fairway,350 feet,looks like a mini hole 15 at pier shrunk in and tighter
            o.b.'s---
            double mando ,two big trees about 80 feet out,drop zone between trees,also another mando left about 80 from the basket by creek before table,creek runs along fairway,6 foot 6,path,table, play area,,all dirt safe on this hole,
            hole 9---
            tee by teepad 8 in between two trees to basket 6 mando left of first green tree on right , simi open fairway fading left,250 feet
            o.b.'s--
            mando tree, 6 foot 6, island green over path,out of park,
            that's the front nine ,my best front 9 is +4,worst +12,next is 6 field holes then three back in the park,will continue later

Comment

back 9 of challenge 18

hole 10: go acroos street to school field,go right through gate behind backstop,tee off big teepad behind storage building to basket by tennis courts,o.b.'s,over fence on either side,on or inside track,dirt around trees and fencelines,anything not grass, 9-6 foot 6,600feet
              hole 11:go around side of tennis court,tee off discus pad to basket beyond goalposts to the left,o.b.'s,anything not grass,track,dirt under trees,sandpit,6 foot 6,450 feet
              hole 12: tee off track by sandpit to basket by tree inside fenced area by end of building,double mando just in front of green by sidewalk,o.b.'s,all pavement or concrete only,dirt is o.k. on this hole,6 foot 6,500 feet
              hole 13: tee off pavement by gym doors to basket by center field fence,o.b.'s anything not grass,track,sandpit,over fence,pavement,6 foot 6,500 feet
              hole 14: tee by centerfield light pole to basket in corner of field by street and gym man door,o.b.'s,on or inside track area,over fence,sidewalk,dirt under trees,practice field infield,concrete slab behind backstop,dirt sidewalk by gym double doors,6 foot 6,550 feet
              hole 15: tee by practice field dugout fence to basket by bullpin,o.b.'s over fence,dirt by trees,beyond back drop line even with outfield fence,6 foot 6,400 feet
              hole 16: back across the street into the park,teeboard 19 ,by play area, to basket 5 ,mando left of big tree in center of fairway,o.b.'s,path, water,out of park,6 foot 6,dirt under trees,big dirt area beyond and left of mando,
              hole 17: tee off grass by rock in grass by house to basket 8,island green,in and before creek o.b.,tree to left and right of basket o.b.line.tree behind basket o.b. line ,6 foot 6 o.b.,dirt o.k. on this hole,drop zone by green
              hole 18: tee off path by bench and intersection to basket 2,island green,path surrounding green and creek before green,doulbe mando 80 feet out ,6 foot 6
              drop zone teepad three,drop after second drive,
              well that's all folks.i'm sure not everthing is totally accurate but real close,
              come take the 100. challenge

Comment

taking the 100.00 challenge at 6:00 p.m. 6-18-09

would like to start donating to the trophy fund,need a witness or other challenger,eventhough I don't see myself breaking par ,going to play golf anyway so 1.00 for maybe 100.00 why not

Comment

Micah M. and myself played the tough 12 but did not play the field
                  he said he played a little aggresive but said it was fair and really enjoyed some of the holes,overall he said he would be playing in october,thanks micah
                  we started on hole 4 and played only the park holes he didn't have time for all 18,Micah shot even all the way back around to hole one,three birdies and three bogeys,last three holes went 6p,5p,5p, for a seven over I shot 16 over with one birdie,I conceeded the field holes so the trophy fund so far is 1.00 yeah

Comment

challenge taken

Terry S. and Scotty R. took the challenge and were soundly defeated
                    I shot +14 and Scotty shot +19
                    thanks for the comments about the course Scotty it does play hard yet obtainable, so that's 3.00 in the pot now , the 100.00 still rides

Comment

defeated again

Shaun K. played along while I took the challenge, Shaun shot +7 and I shot +8, the field holes were conceeded once again, that's 4.00 in the pot now,Shaun said he plans on practicing up to take the challenge,

Comment

You gonna be out there playing today, Terry? I've been going through that course in my head the last few days & I think I can easily knock off 10 strokes...EASY! I just gotta avoid those penalties.

Comment

the challenge

yo Mr. train I will be out there by no later than 5.00 o clock

Comment

Cool, we might be heading up to Greenway for a bag tag match, but if that doesn't fall through, expect me to shoot about a 6 up. Next time...3, then par, then BAM!!! $100.

Comment

you bagger

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X