• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMOKIN JOE
    started a topic Turkey Toss 2009 Sunday July 12th

Turkey Toss 2009 Sunday July 12th

the toss is coming up real fast ,,,been thinking about the worlds,,
    any locals wanting to be involved please let me know so i can arrange your help.
    unfortunetly the rose city open is on the same date again
    will try to get pdga approved
    open 60.00
    advanced 40.00
    ameteur 20.00
    recreation 10.00
    open holes day of are free to those wishing to just play along for the fun and prizes
    more info to follow ,,,terry 503-883-9340:

• SMOKIN JOE
    replied
    Turkey Toss 2010

I get the point Mr. A. When and what would you like to do. I'm open to run something. Skins sounds like fun. Haven't done that for long time. Say this sunday or next.

Leave a comment:

• ahukingacehole
    replied
    so nothing this year? doubles? skins?

Leave a comment:

• SMOKIN JOE
    replied
    O.K. Mr. Herwig. I still think you came from hel.

Leave a comment:

• bucket man
    replied
    HELWIG?

Hey Terry! My last name is spelled HERWIG.
    Originally posted by SMOKIN JOE View Post
    here's the latest on what's up, the field is still not able to be reserved due to baseball because the high school rules the field in the summer, we have called a number of times and a lady named Mary who is in charge has yet to return any of my calls, we can set up but without resevation then I can't close the field to other users, the trophies are close to being profected, sounds like we will have trophies for all divisions shown on preregistration list down to third in most divisions, as the list looks most everybody will win a trophy, there's going to be alot of happy people at this gig at this rate , a few added prizes as well , money on the dollar is going to be outstanding, Carl and Scotty are dying some special Discs for the tourney, some extra trophies and prizes, Scotty is going to The Depot today to pick up a stack of plastic for script, those of you on the preregistration list will get first crack at the plastic over day off non list people at redemption time, if there is not enough plastic to go around then you will have to wait a couple of days for your script to be filled, preregistration means more plastic I can buy to have for script, I will come up with a new plan for a course or two depending on number of day non list people, as of now I think I will come up with a dual 9 hole and a backup 18 if somehow more than 40 attend, anybody to help create, tonight at 7:00 and tomorrow after Tuesday series, Wednesday will announce final plan, so here's the mini list again

Adv. Masters
    Terry Shuler-in
    Dave Heider

Adv.Men
    Shaun Kirk-in
    Scotty Richerson-in
    Mike Richards
    Marcus Crespi

Adv. Women
    Jackie Heider

Adv. Grandmaster
    Mic Richerson-in
    Mark Helwig

Intermediate Men
    Carl Boje-in
    Brock Spear
    Jerimia Krueger
    Bryan W.

Intermediate Women
    Jeni Shuler-in
    Erin Dricoll-in

well that's all folks, at the current listing only two people would not trophy, again I can only say for those on the list a victory is a victory and a killer trophy regardless how many people you compete against is a killer trophy

Leave a comment:

• bucket man
    replied
    I'm interested in joining the turkey toss but have a lack of funding at the moment. I'm not sure what category I would fit, Sr. or Adv. Grand Master? I can come up with $20 sooner or later. Count me in. P.S. did you recieve the post about last tuesdays point game and are you going to add the scores to the runnings?

Leave a comment:

• SMOKIN JOE
    replied
    Turkey Toss 2010

Going to the Worlds was my focus this spring. Did not have the personal resources ( time or money ) it takes to run a tournament. We will try next year unless something extra special happens to allow me to go to the World's again.

Leave a comment:

• SMOKIN JOE
    replied
    pdga report filed

results should be up soon on pdga.com, thanks Carl for finding smokin joe for me and avataring it

Leave a comment:

• SMOKIN JOE
    replied
    times

just in case you need to know when to show up
    registration is between 8 and 9 o'clock get it rolling after that

Leave a comment:

• SMOKIN JOE
    replied
    course to be used

looks like we will be using first described course for both rounds
    we have 25 registered which gives us at least 6 groups thank you

Leave a comment:

• SMOKIN JOE
    replied
    one more

Ladda Sounthala is added to the int. womens list

Leave a comment:

• SMOKIN JOE
    replied
    registration list

we had a flurry this last hour adding six to the list
    am div., Bryan W., Cody L., locals, Micheal Olivo and Micheal Good from seattle
    senior group, John Moffin and romoured not counted Mike Wild
    novice, Mike Moffin
    well there it goes six maybe seven on board thanks guys

Leave a comment:

• SMOKIN JOE
    replied
    course to be used

it seems they don't want the field to be rented again, we can use it but without reservation, I to many options of what people might do to plan anything out there, more and likely nothing going on but not worth the chance, so here is the course to be used for hopefully a few more people,

everything is according to the 12 hole pad course

hole 1: alternate tee just down from regular teepad , simi trailer in way of first tee,o.b.'s creek,path,6foot6,concrete table,312 feet
    hole 2: hole 2, o.b.'s in or over creek,path,over service road,6foot6,282 feet
    hole 3: hole 3, o.b.'s in or creek,on or over path line left and deep of basket,6foot6,242 feet
    hole 4: hole 4, o.b.'s creek,path,6foot6,over service road,354 feet
    hole 5: hole 5, o.b.'s in or over creek,path,service road,6foot,ouside of park boundry marked by flags,street and fences,348 feet
    hole 6: hole 6,o.b.'s creek,path,play area,ouside of park boundry marked by flags,fences,319 feet
    hole 7: hole 7,o.b.'s creek,path,play area,6foot6,concrete table,223 feet
    hole 8: hole 8, o.b.'s,in or over creek,6foot6,concrete table,301 feet
    hole 8 b: tee off grass across creek towards basket 6, to portable basket by teepad 9 past basket 8, o.b.'s, in or over creek,on or over path,6foot6,267 feet
    hole 9: hole 9, o.b.'s, creek, on or over path,6foot6,262 feet
    hole 9 b: walk around hole 10 to senior building parking lot towards the street,tee off sidewalk to portable basket by flagploe and concrete tables,o.b.'s path,concrete tables,6foot6,flagpole,kazibo pad,256 feet
    hole 10: hole 10,o.b.'s path,bench,sidewalk,parking lot,6foot6,268 feet
    hole 11: hole 11,o.b.'s on or over path,6foot6,parking lot,someone's back porch,261 feet
    hole 12: hole 12,o.b.'s path,creek,6foot6,someone's back porch,last house on lefts front yard,bench,308 feet
    hole 15:teeboard 22 to basket 2,hole 22 on back course, o.b.'s path,over service road,6foot6,in or over creek,267 feet
    hole 16: tee off grass across service road from teepad 5 by pole to basket 5,o.b.'s path,service road,outside park boundries,6foot6,in or over creek, 351 feet
    hole 17:across creek towards concrete table, tee off bark chip teepad to basket 6, o.b.'s creek,path,play area,outside park boundries,6foot6,294 feet
    hole 18: teepad 8 to basket 3,mando right of big tree at opening in fairway,o.b.'s in or over creek,path,6foot6,benches,concrete tables,mando tree,748 feet par 5 nice way to finish
    well unless i forgot something that's the gig, might also due a dual nine which is like this quick rundown,1-3,4,5,6,7,same alt.8,9-10 par 4,11,12,alt.3 by play area,alt 4 by group of trees,same alt.5,alt.6 off path,same alt.8,9 to portable in woods par 4,,alt 10 offsidewalk,alt.11 off dirt, alt. 12 off dirt,,the portables stay the same for either course, might due both, would be easy to have both set up, so lets get more signups and do the first course which can hanlde more than the dual nines
    Last edited by SMOKIN JOE; July 9th, 2009, 08:56 PM. Reason: minor revisions left out on some holes

Leave a comment:

• SMOKIN JOE
    replied
    registration

Rob Smith has just joined the adv. masters list thanks Rob

adv. masters

Terry Shuler
    Dave Hieder
    Rob Smith

yeah

Leave a comment:

• SMOKIN JOE
    replied
    Updated List

here's the latest on what's up, the field is still not able to be reserved due to baseball because the high school rules the field in the summer, we have called a number of times and a lady named Mary who is in charge has yet to return any of my calls, we can set up but without resevation then I can't close the field to other users, the trophies are close to being profected, sounds like we will have trophies for all divisions shown on preregistration list down to third in most divisions, as the list looks most everybody will win a trophy, there's going to be alot of happy people at this gig at this rate , a few added prizes as well , money on the dollar is going to be outstanding, Carl and Scotty are dying some special Discs for the tourney, some extra trophies and prizes, Scotty is going to The Depot today to pick up a stack of plastic for script, those of you on the preregistration list will get first crack at the plastic over day off non list people at redemption time, if there is not enough plastic to go around then you will have to wait a couple of days for your script to be filled, preregistration means more plastic I can buy to have for script, I will come up with a new plan for a course or two depending on number of day non list people, as of now I think I will come up with a dual 9 hole and a backup 18 if somehow more than 40 attend, anybody to help create, tonight at 7:00 and tomorrow after Tuesday series, Wednesday will announce final plan, so here's the mini list again

Adv. Masters
    Terry Shuler-in
    Dave Heider

Adv.Men
    Shaun Kirk-in
    Scotty Richerson-in
    Mike Richards
    Marcus Crespi

Adv. Women
    Jackie Heider

Adv. Grandmaster
    Mic Richerson-in
    Mark Helwig

Intermediate Men
    Carl Boje-in
    Brock Spear
    Jerimia Krueger
    Bryan W.

Intermediate Women
    Jeni Shuler-in
    Erin Dricoll-in

well that's all folks, at the current listing only two people would not trophy, again I can only say for those on the list a victory is a victory and a killer trophy regardless how many people you compete against is a killer trophy

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X