Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkey Toss 2009 Sunday July 12th

the toss is coming up real fast ,,,been thinking about the worlds,,
    any locals wanting to be involved please let me know so i can arrange your help.
    unfortunetly the rose city open is on the same date again
    will try to get pdga approved
    open 60.00
    advanced 40.00
    ameteur 20.00
    recreation 10.00
    open holes day of are free to those wishing to just play along for the fun and prizes
    more info to follow ,,,terry 503-883-9340:

Why not move the date, Terry? Like... to Thanksgiving when it might be a more applicable name?
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Turkeyrama, It's a McMinnville festival thing thats at the same weekend every year. I personally wouldn't mind doing it a weekend before or after so I could play in both events. Turkeyrama is bad luck for me anyway. you get the idea.

Comment

thanksgiving

why not be more helpful with your thinking instead of what you might think is funny, thanksgiving that's funny, so why do you call it the" Rose City "open if you play half the golf outside the "Rose City",, sounds like you need to work on why that tournament name is not more applicable

Comment

i to would like to move the date,the city would like to have it on saturday the sameday the bbq and baseball and conserts go on but don't understand the people in the way thing and we can't use the field on saturday,i changed the date two years ago to accomadate that and most of the sponsers did not approve because the whole deal is to be apart of Turkeyrama,so we consider the tournament as closing down Turkeyrama,the last event of the weekend,sometimes baseball extends into sunday as well ,and the whole purpose of the tounament is to get new people to play ,it's an awareness tournament to the community that disc golf exists in their city,you could come out and watch or play along for free and learn what disc golf is about,so no the date can't really be changed and it may be changed to saturday to accomadate sponsers and have it seen by more people using the park on saturday for the other events,
          and as for another pdga tournament the club will bring back its late October tournament we used to do many years back called the Silver Squirrel Disc Golf Challange, I'll set up a course that will be very difficult to par,Jerry Miller and Tom Embre are the only ones to shoot par for a round,Jerry Miller shoot par both rounds one year (score card is still pinned up in my closet), so come October if you come play expect to say of few harsh words under your breath if not outloud,things used in the past,knee bunkers,island greens,mandos,600ft. double mando par 4's,get the idea,long day of bogey golf

Comment

Wow.....60 bones for a one day tournament????

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
              Wow.....60 bones for a one day tournament????
              Play recreational.

Comment

pdga c tier recomends 50.00 and not to exceed 100.00 well within the boundries,and if I were a pro I think higher entry fee and lower number of people would be a good chance to cash in,
                and if Mic and Scotty R. donate or get paid to make any trophies the price of admission would be more than justice ,are tuesday series are already recieving some and i've been to many tournaments over the years and havn't seen anything as ssssswwwwweeeeeeeeeetttttt as these babies are going to be,

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKIN JOE View Post
                  why not be more helpful with your thinking instead of what you might think is funny, thanksgiving that's funny, so why do you call it the" Rose City "open if you play half the golf outside the "Rose City",, sounds like you need to work on why that tournament name is not more applicable
                  Well, Terry... I was actually being serious as I knew nothing of Turkeyrama. I'm usually pretty clear when I am joking.

As for why it is called the Rose City Open, it is because it was originally just at Pier Park- in the Rose City. I have nothing to do with the tournament now, though, so asking me to work on the tournament name is a little silly.

It's all good, Terry. I am sure that you might get like 20-25 people out for your tourney considering the fact that there is a larger tournament just up the road. On a different weekend, you would probably get double.

But yeah... take that as a joke if you wish.
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

what else would you take that as, Thankgiving is obviously not in July,and why would I try to compete with the Rose City Open if I didn't have to,so if you are bieng series maybe think before you type

Comment

You do realize that there have been events in the past called the Turkey Toss and that they happened on Thanksgiving, right? Brill ran them, I believe. THAT is why I suggested Thanksgiving, Terry. Not to be a jerk and I wasn't trying to make a joke.

Clearly you would not want to compete with the RCO as I am sure you know it will hurt your numbers. If you can do nothing about it and don't want to find new sponsors, I suppose you are stuck. Too bad, too... I want to play in a tourney at Wortman.
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                        You do realize that there have been events in the past called the Turkey Toss and that they happened on Thanksgiving, right? Brill ran them, I believe. THAT is why I suggested Thanksgiving, Terry. Not to be a jerk and I wasn't trying to make a joke.

Clearly you would not want to compete with the RCO as I am sure you know it will hurt your numbers. If you can do nothing about it and don't want to find new sponsors, I suppose you are stuck. Too bad, too... I want to play in a tourney at Wortman.
                        I think the Turkey Toss will do just fine. The RCO will sell out in 20 minutes and everyone who didn't make it in will go toss turkeys.

Comment

That's a good point, Scott.
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

thank you both for your support and see you in october hopefully sam

Comment

You betcha, Terry.
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X