Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night out in the Park @ Vance August 4th

August 4th is "Night in the Park" @ Vance Park. 5:30 to 8pm

The "Night in the Park" is a chance for local Rockwood residents to meet their neighbors, and is put on by the Rockwood Police department,the Gresham "People for Parks" and local businesses.
    There will be ice cream, a BBQ, the community gardens will be open to look at, The Gresham Police are bringing their police dog to meet people, other fun stuff, and, of course, this is a great opportunity to introduce some new people to our sport! Park Place Coffee (Next to Vance Park) is hoping to have a portable basket setup so that people can try some putts, if anyone has a basket they could lend for the day, that would be great!
    It would be cool to see some disc golfers out there promoting our sport, and it's important that we be on our best behavior, and be kind to the people that may not understand what disc golf is or that they are standing in the fairway.
    If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please join in.

Last edited by Kris Hagner; July 26th, 2009, 11:09 AM.
    sigpic

"Our local disc golf store" -- if you're talking about Disc Golf Depot -- sells discs wholesale to places like Park Place Coffee. It wouldn't be direct competition if he was their supplier.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Kris Hagner
      Adam, do you have anything to say that might help get discs put in the cafe?
      I don't know anything about the situation. I just think the café people should go meet with Jerry Miller directly. If Jerry doesn't want to sell them discs, they should contact Innova and/or Discraft's wholesale reps.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
        I just think the café people should go meet with Jerry Miller directly. If Jerry doesn't want to sell them discs, they should contact Innova and/or Discraft's wholesale reps.
        ...I do know that they've met directly. I will pass that info about the wholesale reps along to the cafe people. I thought, for example, if there were some leftover discs from a fundraiser, the cafe might be a good place to unload the discs on consignment. I was hoping there were some local people that might be interested, they sell artwork on the walls at the cafe, and I'm sure they could sell something Jerry doesn't, like maybe custom dyed discs? I will also talk to the cafe about joining the forum so they can represent themselves here...
        sigpic

Comment

Jeff and Rick are bringing some portable baskets. Bring your portable basket if you come out. I'm hoping we can keep the course full of players. We're playing "Bob gets the bag" and picking up litter. That will look good to the local neighbors, and help the community see Disc Golf as a positive thing for the park. Hope to see lots of people out there!
          sigpic

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X