Trojan conditions? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trojan conditions?

    Everything cool out there? Thinking of playing some time in the next week or so...
    Oregon disc golf map

  • #2
    Last we checked, yes. However, it has rained quite a bit since then. The water is up, and there are a few soggy areas around the banks, but the fairways seem to be okay. This will be a good test for the new french drains on 10 and 11...
    TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

    Comment


    • #3
      If we go, I'll report back... where were the problem areas that the French drains are supposed to alleviate?
      Oregon disc golf map

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
        If we go, I'll report back... where were the problem areas that the French drains are supposed to alleviate?
        Ten and eleven, sir. Those are usually the two soggiest holes on the course when the rain gets bad. The first year we were playing out there (2006), the water got so high on the loop (holes 8-11), that you couldn't get to the eighth basket. However, it never got that bad last winter...
        TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

        Comment


        • #5
          Played Trojan today. The water is pretty high, and within a few inches of swamping the #8 peninsula. But everything was very playable. #10 and #11 were extremely soggy; guess those drains aren't helping much.

          We had five splashdowns: #6, #8, #9, and #13 were with floating discs (Lightning #2 Driver) and were retrievable with a big stick. Then there was a too-straight drive on #2 that found the pond in the little ravine. (We managed to fish that one out too, but it required some wading.)

          By the way, the mailbox on the "kiosk" (such as it is) was stocked with PGE maps.


          Oh, and where the hell is the normal teepad for #10? We couldn't find any markings. Are you supposed to throw from on the road, right next to the big gate?
          Oregon disc golf map

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
            Oh, and where the hell is the normal teepad for #10? We couldn't find any markings. Are you supposed to throw from on the road, right next to the big gate?
            Yes. The "marking" for the tee pad is past the fence (closest to the highway) and is done in orange spray paint. Due to the soggy weather, it hasn't been marked in a while. Of course, neither has the first tee pad. Sorry about that. Hope you had a blast. Sorry none of us could join you.
            TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by zippyboy View Post
              Yes. The "marking" for the tee pad is past the fence (closest to the highway) and is done in orange spray paint. Due to the soggy weather, it hasn't been marked in a while.
              We saw some orange markings under the leaves, but they looked like letters, and we assumed they were from the utilities or something.
              Oregon disc golf map

              Comment


              • #8
                That was a request by us to not have the fishermen parking on our tee pad. At one point it did say "No Parking" (or something to that effect), dividing that driveway in half, with the tee pad area being on the half closest to the basket (obviously).
                TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

                Comment


                • #9
                  10 should tee off from across the pond. An improvement on the original course design, IMO.
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Sam View Post
                    10 should tee off from across the pond. An improvement on the original course design, IMO.
                    Someone said once that it's not the standard tee due to the danger of overzealous drives landing on Highway 30.
                    Oregon disc golf map

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      True statement. People still land on the highway driving from the normal tee area on 10... Meh. However, were disc golf to cause an accident on the highway, I would guess the course would be a thing of the past...
                      TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        how is it out there

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by murray the brit View Post
                          how is it out there
                          hopefully lovely... I believe I'll be heading out there on Monday (woohoo for a paid golf holiday!) ... oooh... I'd love it if anyone was interested in acting as a tour guide who knows the course better than I... I'll probably be aiming for 10ish to 11ish tee time...
                          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post
                            I'll probably be aiming for 10ish to 11ish tee time...
                            I was the only car there at 11:00. When I read that post I just logged off and made a run for it. I was guessing that loocid might be thinking about showing up too, and a few minutes after I shut off the engine, he pulled in. We waited around and did some putting and finally gave up waiting. We played two rounds and left some offerings in the lake. I now have two discs in the deep for my lifetime tally. Sadly, for me, yesterday's plunker was my only Katana. I was just getting it dialed in. Loocid bettered my poor scores, but at the cost of three of his discs. We were both throwing our number one plastic, at great cost to the bags.
                            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                            ...but it plays one on TV.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                              I was the only car there at 11:00. When I read that post I just logged off and made a run for it. I was guessing that loocid might be thinking about showing up too, and a few minutes after I shut off the engine, he pulled in. We waited around and did some putting and finally gave up waiting. We played two rounds and left some offerings in the lake. I now have two discs in the deep for my lifetime tally. Sadly, for me, yesterday's plunker was my only Katana. I was just getting it dialed in. Loocid bettered my poor scores, but at the cost of three of his discs. We were both throwing our number one plastic, at great cost to the bags.
                              dangit! I am so sad I missed y'all... i got icky sicky on friday and didn't make it out there until monday! and I don't have a computer of my own so I wasn't able to update my status! boys, I am so bummed... seriously...

                              peace and love,
                              emmarose
                              "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                              Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X