X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Changes to Timber's Layout

I understand the Holes 19 and 1 were removed at Timber and two additional placements have been made. Are these permanent changes? If so, do the new holes have permanent baskets?

We are hosting the Chick Flick doubles fundraiser next Saturday and curious about the layout.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

I played there yesterday, and yep - 19 and 1 were gone. Their replacements were not in permanant posts, and the tee pads were not concrete, but that could be coming. The new lay out starts at the old hole 3 and finishes on the old hole two. The two new holes are between the old 17 and 18. Both are challenging holes in their own right. The new 16 is super tight through some gnarly trees/underbrush, and the new 17 is long w/ a tight fairway, and tight approach back into the trees.

Comment

The baskets were set in very heavy concrete buckets, so I do not think that they will be moving anytime soon. The lower bowl parking is also closed, as is the bridge to the old basket from hole 1.

Comment

Steve and I did not play those holes yesterday because there was no signage at hole 17 to direct people to the new holes. We did not see that the old holes were missing, and new ones added until we got past old 18. The rest of our group played another round, and they report that there are no cement teepads just a muddy launch area on the new 17 & bark on the new 18. Like stated above the baskets are set in cement buckets. They do not want people to play the old holes, and they do have signage indicating that not to mention the baskets have been pulled. There is also high fencing around the lower parking lot, and the area has not been mowed.

Cindy
        Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
        2013 Chick Flick co-TD
        Stumptown #176
        PDGA #37716

Comment

What are they building in the lower bowl?

Comment

a new fish ladder

Comment

we were all alone for 3 hours out there yesterday in the sun... not one other disc tosser all day?
              how strange.... come on guys it was gorgeous out,,,
              love this course...

Comment

Originally posted by spectralmonkey View Post
                we were all alone for 3 hours out there yesterday in the sun... not one other disc tosser all day?
                how strange.... come on guys it was gorgeous out,,,
                love this course...
                yeah... um... it's called a job...

(sorry... i'm just totally bitter, bitchy and jealous)
                "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

How were we supposed to know it was sunny in Estacada?? All I remember from yesterday is freakin' SNOW!
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

21 holes up now! was a nice surprise! thanks ! +2 in the freezing rain FTW

Comment

Anyone have a map/photo of the new 21 layout?

Comment

Guess I need to get back up there ASAP!

Comment

Where are the extra two holes??
                          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

1 and 19 have been put back in the ground would be my guess.

The work on the new fish ladders finished up about a month ago or so.
                            "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

I never understood why they even had to close the old #19. The old #1 (up out of the bowl) was obviously a bit more in the way of the construction.
                              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X