X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some good news...

We were recently informed by the manager of Stub Stewart State Park that attendance in the park has increased by 350% since the disc golf course has been installed. Since this is a new park, I am sure there would have been a slight an increase in attendance anyway, but I am confident our course has played a HUGE role in that increase.

Thank you to everyone who has been playing out there. The popularity of the course is not going unnoticed!

Jeff Hagerty

PS: The one down point the parks department did mention was an increase in the amount of trash around the hilltop day-use area. Please do us all a huge favor and pack your trash out, and if you happen to see any trash laying around, please make an effort to pick it up.
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

A trash can in that area would be an awesome thing and would probably cut down on the amount of trash strewn about - especially when the dog crap bin gets full.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
      A trash can in that area would be an awesome thing and would probably cut down on the amount of trash strewn about - especially when the dog crap bin gets full.
      Build it and they will come! Great news about Stub!

Sam, I don't think one trash can will help but I hope it does. From experience even several trash cans may not be enough to stop a few people from not leaving trash (especially beer cans, bottles) at the tee pads, next to trees, in bushes and such. We are going to be placing cans at about every other hole to help with the issue.

Later

Comment

Trash cans are great but require park resources to keep them empty - something the park may not be able to provide.

Keeping the course clean starts with education. We should all be stewards of the park and teach newer players that respect for the course is part of the game.

Comment

Yeah, I know exactly what you guys are talking about. I was really frustrated yesterday when I went out to Milo and saw trash scattered all over the ground around the trashcans. I can't blame golfers for that. They are putting the trash where it belongs, but if the rangers don't empty the trash what do they expect people to do? Ugh.
          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
            Yeah, I know exactly what you guys are talking about. I was really frustrated yesterday when I went out to Milo and saw trash scattered all over the ground around the trashcans. I can't blame golfers for that. They are putting the trash where it belongs, but if the rangers don't empty the trash what do they expect people to do? Ugh.
            Keep in mind it has been pretty damn windy lately, could have easily scattered trash right out of the bucket (given it wasn't full). Still shows a need to tend to them more, though.

Comment

Pack it in, Pack it out. Seems pretty simple.

Comment

I agree with you Jaemes, but the cans and bottles must get heavier when they are empty for some reason

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X