X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stub Stewart Update:

A few of us went out to Stub Stewart again on Saturday, Dec 18th to get some more work done. With Ranger Steve weilding the chainsaw like a champ, we were able to open up a couple of the fairways a bit. All in all, we dropped 3 trees on Hole 12, 3 on Hole 13 and 3 on Hole 14. We also took a ladder and pole saw around and trimmed up a lot of the high branches on those holes as well.

Every time we head out there the course gets a little bit better.

Thanks again to Coury Coates and John Ollis for coming out for a snow bound work party.
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

great work out there guys... I got to play it yesterday and I think that once all of the branches get cleared away and a little more development is done I think it is going to be one of the top courses in the state.

Have you thought about putting in short pads. This course seems like a a great candidate for am pads (all holes under 300') because it's pretty spread out.

Oh and I'm already planning on coming up there for the first tourney you throw out there... just so I can rock one of those sweet cabins

Comment

Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post
      great work out there guys... I got to play it yesterday and I think that once all of the branches get cleared away and a little more development is done I think it is going to be one of the top courses in the state.

Have you thought about putting in short pads. This course seems like a a great candidate for am pads (all holes under 300') because it's pretty spread out.

Oh and I'm already planning on coming up there for the first tourney you throw out there... just so I can rock one of those sweet cabins
      The initial plan is alternate pin positions rather than am pads, but who knows what we'll tackle once we get it "completed".
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

you guys are the greatest. thank you!!!
        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Awesome!! Good work, Stub looked awesome when I was there but needs more work; glad someone is stepping up.
          Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

these guys aren't just now stepping up... they're the ones what been doin' it all along... boy, do they love disc golf!!!
            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post

Where is the best place to find out when these work parties are? I need to do as many as I can.

Melissa

Comment

We usually post a message in the workparty subforum when we set one up. The more the merrier!

Comment

to Jeff, Coury, John, Mike, and everybody else that has put their time in for Stub.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
                    to Jeff, Coury, John, Mike, and everybody else that has put their time in for Stub.
                    State Parks article
                    http://oregonstateparks.wordpress.co...-stub-stewart/

Comment

This is a great course, but I've always loved playing the terrain rather than just seeing how far I can or can't throw.
                      educate your thinking

Comment

Tom, Jeff and I went out yesterday and moved and leveled the tee pads on Hole 5 and 10. They play much nicer now and fit the line of the fairway better.

Things are getting better a little bit at a time. While we were working we saw about 8 groups of golfers playing the course. Some of them we knew and some were new to us. It is great to see the course getting some play. We are happy to have all of you out there playing the course and helping to break it in.

If you have any suggestions or just want to make this course your own and get involved shoot me a PM and I will add you to the Stub Stewart Work Party email list. I often try to carve out some time slots last minute to go out there and improve the course so I don' t always plan it out well in advance but shooting out an email is easy to do last minute.

Also thank you all for keeping the course in great shape and picking up any litter. I am thankful every time I go out there and see no trash. The park is so amazing and a wonderful place to spend time and its nice that the setting maintains its natural beauty.
                        Last edited by Flash; February 13th, 2011, 01:15 PM.
                        PDGA #25296
                        Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                          Tom, Jeff and I went out yesterday and moved and leveled the tee pads on Hole 5 and 10. They play much nicer now and fit the line of the fairway better.

Things are getting better a little bit at a time. While we were working we saw about 8 groups of golfers playing the course. Some of them we knew and some were new to us. It is great to see the course getting some play. We are happy to have all of you out there playing the course and helping to break it in.

If you have any suggestions or just want to make this course your own and get involved shoot me a PM and I will add you to the Stub Stewart Work Party email list. I often try to carve out some time slots last minute to go out there and improve the course so I don' t always plan it out well in advance but shooting out an email is easy to do last minute.

Also thank you all for keeping the course in great shape and picking up any litter. I am thankful every time I go out there and see no trash. The park is so amazing and a wonderful place to spend time and its nice that the setting maintains its natural beauty.
                          Hey my brother in-law and I were out there playing while you all were working on hole #5. The course is really a blast, thank you so much for all your work. It is especially challenging for us as we have only been a part of this great sport for a little over a year. This along with the hideout is my favorite place to play golf.

We heard something about a low key tourney on the 5th.... what are the details with that?

Geoffrey

Comment

Originally posted by geoffrey View Post
                            We heard something about a low key tourney on the 5th.... what are the details with that?
                            There is an OLE event happening that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                              There is an OLE event happening that day.
                              Hey thanks for the info. This will be our first time at an event, should be fun.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X