X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rest of the Park?

Thinking about taking the family for a camping trip to Stub Stewart this summer now that you studs and studettes have put a course in there.

What's the rest of the park like? Good campground? Anybody camped there before? I've checked it out on the State parks website, looking for personal experience and opinions. Thanks!

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
    Thinking about taking the family for a camping trip to Stub Stewart this summer now that you studs and studettes have put a course in there.

What's the rest of the park like? Good campground? Anybody camped there before? I've checked it out on the State parks website, looking for personal experience and opinions. Thanks!
    About 500' up the road from hole one is a slew of cabins you can rent. There is also a couple of lower campgrounds where we put in a short little 3-hole course to give people a taste of disc golf. Its a great park, and it is BIG so I have not seen a lot of it yet.
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Those cabins are sweet. We stopped by on the way out and got the full tour from the host, nice guy. We're thinking about renting a few and throwing some glow.
      educate your thinking

Comment

The campgrounds are average, IMO. They were placed in a former clearcut, so they are a little open for my taste. Some of the sites back up to trees and are OK. The rest of the park is awesome. Lots of hiking and biking trails. Right on the Banks/Vernonia trail, and a few minutes drive to Vernonia.

Comment

Agreed, I would not camp there, too much like a KOA, but those cabins...
          educate your thinking

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X