X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Played it this weekend!

Very nice course guys, there is a lot of cool stuff going on out there and I'm sure it will only get better! Hole 16 is one of the most beautiful holes and I got the '3' on it with superclass so I've got good mojo building

My one concern though is the amount of trees that are flagged for removal. IMO a few of these are critical trees that will make/break holes. Patience is key because once they are gone they don't come back and you could end up with holes that just give it up for any old boss or katana...

Hitting a random tree for a year or so is a small price to pay for making sure there is adequate reason to remove it.

Anyway, fantastic job yet again!
    'Weekend 4 Women':
    Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
    Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Originally posted by cefire View Post
    Very nice course guys, there is a lot of cool stuff going on out there and I'm sure it will only get better! Hole 16 is one of the most beautiful holes and I got the '3' on it with superclass so I've got good mojo building

My one concern though is the amount of trees that are flagged for removal. IMO a few of these are critical trees that will make/break holes. Patience is key because once they are gone they don't come back and you could end up with holes that just give it up for any old boss or katana...

Hitting a random tree for a year or so is a small price to pay for making sure there is adequate reason to remove it.

Anyway, fantastic job yet again!
    Thanks for the compliments. Those of us on the Stub Stewart design team are really proud of what we have helped make a reality... and it will only continue to get better.

Just to ease your mind... not all of the "marked" trees are still slated for removal. We've been hesitant to drop some trees for the very reason you mentioned. Yes, there are still a few that will come out, but many marked ones will remain.
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Awesome, I have total faith in you guys, keep rocking it at Stub!
      'Weekend 4 Women':
      Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
      Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

I played it on Monday and had a great day. Thank you.

Comment

Yeah I played this last weekend as well with Cefire and was tired and frustrated which is a good sign. hehe. I liked it quite a bit and thought Stumptown did an excellent job. Me loves Oregon.
          Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I played it today.. and WOW. Thank you everyone who has worked on it.
            The front 9 were fairly simple, but get more challenging as you go. I was at -2 with one bogey through 9 (playing all as par 3).
            The back 9 offer some great challenges, and my score showed it. I think I finished at about +5 or +6 (counting all at par 3). I'm sure some of them will be considered par 4, but on many it seemed like they played like a par 3.5. Will be interesting to see how it plays in a tourney!
            Breeze Huckin Master

Comment

I agree with Jeff. This course is awesome. The attention to detail that has been given so far is very apparent. Benches, steps, signs - things that are often forgotten and not put in until much later.

This course really rewards a straight shot. The fairways are well defined, but mostly very narrow. In most cases, being off the fairway is very, very bad. Not necessarily lose your disc bad (although it might be in the summer), but a lot tougher time to make par. The smart play on many holes is to hit the fairway instead of trying to go for the pin (even though you might be able to make it).

Comment

Played it this past Sunday for my birthday. Cool thing was my wife and kids bought me the FADE backpack straps with raincover. It came in handy. Thanks to all who put in much noticed work. This course not only requires straight shots, but accurately shaped shots. Love the elevation changes, throwing uphill, downill, sidehill, you name it.

Thanks again to the countless volunteers and their efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                  but a lot tougher time to make par...
                  Speaking of par, what are the pars?
                  educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                    Speaking of par, what are the pars?
                    As it sits right now I think it is around 59.

All holes are par 3s except 3, 12, 14, 15, 16 which are "arguably" 4s.
                    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Too bad those 4's are so clustered. But oh well.
                      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                        Too bad those 4's are so clustered. But oh well.
                        That is sort of intentional. People can choose to play the relatively easier front nine, and stop right there. If they're feeling uppity they can try their luck on the back nine.

Comment

I guess that makes sense. I think front+back+front might make a decent 27.
                          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I marked those as 4s when we played. And nice 4s they are. For that matter I'm loving that course, but when the game is about controlled play of the natural terrain more than open field "how far can I throw this thing," you have my attention. Sweet lines, well done!
                            educate your thinking

Comment

A lot of the fours felt like 3.5s. A two would be nearly impossible (except for the long fairway shot), but fours were mostly drop-ins for me. They were definately not par 3s, but I didn't feel punished for having a bad drive or approach.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X