X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changes needed. (safety)

just about all of the new(er) tee signs need to be repositioned and possibly mounted onto another holding device.

the last team golf we had out there on hole #18 I was trying to follow (sight) my shot around the blind bend and was blindsided by the metal sign. so much that I had a foot-long welt and bruise running the length of my neck. just about took me off of my feet.

I suggest we take the initiative and relocate these signs and possibly consider re-mounting them to a smaller sign (with comparision to the adair signs) which will take most all negative ramifications from the location and size of the teesigns (with the exception of occationally tripping). I personally feel I am in threat of danger walking away from the pad after a shot as I have collided with the current signs on NUMEROUS occasions.

please feel free to leave your input as I would really like to hear what you all have to say.

Stephen

The best place to bring up suggestions just like this one is at the monthly Friends of Pier Park (FoPP) meetings. They are held the 3rd Tuesday of each month in the evenings at the St Johns Community Center, and anyone interested in contributing their time or even just their ideas is definitely welcome. There is no meeting this month however.

The topic of re-positioning or shortening tee signs has come up on more than one occasion at the meetings. A couple holes have been brought up (usually its #13, where depending on your approach angle the sign has been rumored to get in the way for some folks). If or when one or more signs is fixed they will all be fixed and made to be the same material and shape etc.

One thing I know for sure is that any proposed changes have to go through the Parks department. They are always represented at the FoPP meetings. They are pretty ticked off by the pvc "hooks" that someone took if upon themselves to install on the tee signs. Besides the fact that they are kind of an eyesore (if you ask me - I mean orange plastic PVC?), someone (presumably) a disc golfer did that without talking to the Parks dept, which is a problem. They are gonna be removed as they are basically considered vandalism of public property.

If anyone reading this has ideas or concerns about the course and or the Park and can't make the meetings check out the contact us page on the FoPP website.

Comment

Originally posted by Lund View Post
      One thing I know for sure is that any proposed changes have to go through the Parks department. They are always represented at the FoPP meetings. They are pretty ticked off by the pvc "hooks" that someone took if upon themselves to install on the tee signs. Besides the fact that they are kind of an eyesore (if you ask me - I mean orange plastic PVC?), someone (presumably) a disc golfer did that without talking to the Parks dept, which is a problem. They are gonna be removed as they are basically considered vandalism of public property.
      I for sure understand the problem with not going through the proper channels, but this little pvc hooks will come in really handy this winter when the place is all mucked up. I thought it was great to see those installed, personally.

Comment

thanks for the info eric.
        but I'm talking serious injury possibilty. who can I have present this issue @ FOPP in leu of myself as I am not available those nights?

Comment

i totally agree that the signs should be moved. it's totally on the radar because it was on the to-do list at the last work party i attended, it just was down on the list and we didn't get to it. i wonder if there's a way you can email someone on the board of FoPP and express your concerns? i can't make it to the meetings either because of timing. but i know people on this forum attend the meetings, perhaps someone will speak up on your behalf.

i'm sorry you got a boo-boo, stephen, and i'm glad it was not worse.
          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
            i totally agree that the signs should be moved. it's totally on the radar because it was on the to-do list at the last work party i attended, it just was down on the list and we didn't get to it. i wonder if there's a way you can email someone on the board of FoPP and express your concerns? i can't make it to the meetings either because of timing. but i know people on this forum attend the meetings, perhaps someone will speak up on your behalf.

i'm sorry you got a boo-boo, stephen, and i'm glad it was not worse.
            It just went away yesterday. which I am seriously thankfull for. literally was 4" away from my right eye. its could have been worse, but I'm also glad it wasnt.

Comment

watch where youre going!

i for one really appreciate the pvc hooks i think that was a nice touch.
              and i ve never heard a sign complaint before.

Comment

Thanks for posting this info Stephen. I attend the FOPP meetings every month and have been trying to get the signs moved since last summer. I will continue to bring this issue up as they are a safety hazard, and sometimes inhibit your throw. I will be using this post on Tuesday. Hopefully something will get done before someone gets seriously injured.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X