X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor has it...

There are some really cool tee signs being installed out at Pier Park right now.

Many thanks to:

Next Adventure, Stumptown Disc Golf & Portland Public Parks
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Dangit Jeff, don't we have enough threads spreading rumors!?
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
      Dangit Jeff, don't we have enough threads spreading rumors!?
      Keep that crap up Tim, and this thread is headed straight for "Controversial Topics".
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
        Keep that crap up Tim, and this thread is headed straight for "Controversial Topics".
        Or deleted altogether.

Comment

(Terror Creek hehe)Dude, Tim. You better be careful. The "Moderhater" will destroy you.
          Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Awesome news!

I have been waiting for some nice signs at Pier since seeing the ones at Leverich, Orchard and Greenway parks. I just hope they keep from being vandalized. I have noticed an increasing amount of tagging in the area and I will do my best to keep an eye out.
            Disc golf ruined my life.

Comment

Originally posted by mrDROCK View Post
              I just hope they keep from being vandalized. I have noticed an increasing amount of tagging in the area and I will do my best to keep an eye out.
              Really? It seems as if the tagging has actually gotten better in the last few years. When I started playing 5 years ago I thought the park could really use some signs but knew they wouldn't last a week. Now, after seeing how much the park has cleaned up, I am hopeful.

Thanks to Next Adventure!

Comment

That is awesome that wonderful place is getting signs, I wish I had a good course near me!

grumble.. freaking Washington..grumble...grrr

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                  Really? It seems as if the tagging has actually gotten better in the last few years. When I started playing 5 years ago I thought the park could really use some signs but knew they wouldn't last a week. Now, after seeing how much the park has cleaned up, I am hopeful.

Thanks to Next Adventure!
                  Maybe it was worse back then. I recently moved back to Portland at the end of January. Since Spring started I have been seeing more and more graffiti showing up on the buildings in Pier Park. It doesn't last long since the workers paint over it the next day, but it seems like some new guys want to show off and have been hitting open pieces of property all over my side of St. Johns. They had even been painting the nearby elementary school.

Now this could all be minor compared to 5 years ago since these are recently observations. The course deserves some nice tee signs with maps to the baskets (considering the multiple positions and blind approaches). It could really help out the new players coming to Pier. I just don't have enough maps on me for when I come across the wayward players.

Comment

Just stopped by at lunch to check out the signs. THEY LOOK GREAT! Standard wooden post with metal sign. Full color overview of the hole with both basket positions and distance to each. They also put the disc drop back in place by a wall? Possibly a replacement bulletin board? Anyway, the signs look nice and I guess the reveal will be at the tourney Saturday.

Comment

Comment

Awesome. Can't wait to check them out on Saturday.

Thanks to everybody involved!

Comment

Seeing projects like this get done make me really want to join Stumptown next year.

Comment

Originally posted by mrDROCK View Post
                            Seeing projects like this get done make me really want to join Stumptown next year.
                            Having people join Stumptown helps make projects like this possible. Funny how that works, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                              Having people join Stumptown helps make projects like this possible. Funny how that works, eh?
                              How do I join and is it OK if I live 4 hours North of Portland??

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X