Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pier Park thursday feb 25th from Dexter

Hi to all.
    I will be dropping my wife off at the airport on thursday up in Portland. I will then have the whole day to do what I want. Which will be Discing.

Either way is Pier Park my best bet for the Portland area?

I just moved here from KC, Missouri a little while ago, and live in Eugene. I play Dexter/Grove quite a bit.

Anyone going to be around maybe want to play a round or show me around?

Pier's great.
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
      Pier's great.
      Followed by Dabney which is about 20-30 min from Pier...Down I-84...exit 17

Comment

Either head west and play Pier (or Horning's, if you don't mind driving an hour instead of half an hour), or head east and play Dabney and Rooster Rock.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Yeah I was thinking about bringing a few buddies up with me, and maybe going to hornings instead of Pier..

Comment

Originally posted by bthoma1 View Post
            Yeah I was thinking about bringing a few buddies up with me, and maybe going to hornings instead of Pier..
            I also moved out here from KC, Mo. I would say that Pier is kind of comparable to Rosedale up top and Hornings is comparable to Rosedale down under. My favorite course in Portland is Pier, but I guess it is just your preference.

Comment

What time are you going to be in town?

Comment

Originally posted by Raymond View Post
                I also moved out here from KC, Mo. I would say that Pier is kind of comparable to Rosedale up top and Hornings is comparable to Rosedale down under. My favorite course in Portland is Pier, but I guess it is just your preference.

So basically at Horning's there will be ONE way to throw the disc and I have to hit that spot or Im screwed?? lol

Comment

Originally posted by bthoma1 View Post
                  So basically at Horning's there will be ONE way to throw the disc and I have to hit that spot or Im screwed?? lol
                  Nah, it's not that bad. Plus, there's three courses to choose from.
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I shot 48 at Rosedale Down Under, and my rating is 917, so it's not that bad.
                    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

In all fairness, I have only played one of the courses at Hornings and it was a while ago (before the 3rd course was in). Bob has done a lot of work out there since I have been there, so it was an unfair comparison.

Comment

This turned out to be an epic day at Hornings - hit all 3 courses and made it around the little one TWICE.

Nice playing with you guys (and you too, Ryan!)

Comment

it was a good day, but i cant say i played well. ill get used to the roc and beat you next time eric lol

Comment

Originally posted by Raymond View Post
                            I loved playing the courses in KC during Worlds last year. Blue Valley, Water Works and Thornfield were definitely my favorites, but Rosedale was pretty fun as well. KS is a great area for DG.
                            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Those shoes owe you a couple of strokes and a tailbone.

Originally posted by ryanajanes View Post
                              it was a good day, but i cant say i played well. ill get used to the roc and beat you next time eric lol

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X