X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pier Park pars?

Anyone have an idea on what the pars are for the holes? I feel like the distances seem like par 3s and 4s, but with the trees I would expect more. What pars on you playing on this course?
    Disc golf ruined my life.

All holes are par 3.

Comment

Its hard to believe, but I guess I just need to practice, practice, practice.

Comment

Pier Park does have some very long par 3's. I think you could make a case for #15 through #18 -- and maybe #9 -- being par 4 in their long positions.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by mrDROCK View Post
          Anyone have an idea on what the pars are for the holes? I feel like the distances seem like par 3s and 4s, but with the trees I would expect more. What pars on you playing on this course?
          Contrary to the belief that all Disc Golf Courses are Par 3, the PDGA says "Par is based on player skill level, hole length and foliage density."

When player skill level is taken into account it is possible to have many Par values for a single hole.

Checkout this PDF for more info: Par-guidelines

Comment

Originally posted by Vector_2008 View Post
            Contrary to the belief that all Disc Golf Courses are Par 3, the PDGA says "Par is based on player skill level, hole length and foliage density."

When player skill level is taken into account it is possible to have many Par values for a single hole.

Checkout this PDF for more info: Par-guidelines

That certainly helps. Of course it all takes practice anyway. Good thing I live 3 blocks away from Pier.

Comment

In casual rounds, pars are kind of a joke. I personally play everything as par 3 so it's easier to keep score (-1, +1). But in tournaments, I think the above guidelines are good to give a player a sense of what an average score should be on that hole. Maybe that could be good for casual rounds too.

Whatever floats your boat.
              Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X