X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vandalism at Pier Park

I just got off the phone with Alex from Portland Public Parks who called to let me know that some moron had sawed several branches off some trees on Hole 13 (14 winter) to open up the flight line to the basket.

I am fully aware that I am preaching to the choir here, but in case some of you were not aware of this fact.... It is NEVER cool to cut down or break ANYTHING on ANY of our local courses. Nearly all of our courses are maintained by volunteers who work side by side with the local parks departments to ensure we keep our amazing courses beautiful and playable. Having some clueless disc golfer cut down trees or branches on their own only serves to break down the very relationships with parks departments we have worked so hard to build. We all need to be on the same side to get anything done. This disappointing crap does NOT help that cause.

With that said, if you are out at one of our parks and you see someone breaking branches or cutting something down, please call the police/park rangers and report it the vandalism.

PRO TIP: When the police show up... just tell them the culprit slipped an fell... on their face... several times.

Thanks,

Jeff
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

That sucks to hear, but good on you for sharing this information. As you put so well: "We all need to be on the same side to get [things] done."
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Culprit needs to be disqualified ... with prejudice.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
      Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X