X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current pin positions and changes

This thread is for updating with the latest pin configurations at Pier. Please feel free to update as necessary. The pins have been in the following positions since a week or so after the Rose City Open 08:

1. B (short)
    2. A
    3. A (left)
    4. A (short)
    5. A (straight up the hill)
    6. B (left)
    7. A (short left)
    8. B (long)
    9. A (short)
    10. A (straight)
    11. B (long)
    12. B (long left)
    13. B (long left)
    14. B (long)
    15. A (short)
    16. A (short)
    17. A (short)
    18. B (long)

Good idea, Eric.

I wouldn't mind if these stay in place for a while - I've shot pretty well my last couple of times out there.

Comment

I'm happy as long as #7 and #17 stay in the easier spots for a while.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Was there last night and tied the course. I like the current layout but it doesn't really make sense from an A/B standpoint. Has anyone ever seen the course in all A or all B? We did it for the RCO last year but other than that short period, I don't recall it ever happening.
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

From what I've heard, the 2007 RCO is the only instance where the pins were either all long or all short.

I like it a lot, and would like to see it again.

As I understand, it's unlikely to happen soon because many of the alt collars are broken. I was thinking the other day that new collars would be a great new addition to the course. Perhaps something that Stumptown could get behind. I plan on raising the idea if I ever make it to a meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider
            I'm happy as long as #7 and #17 stay in the easier spots for a while.
            Really? These are two that don't bother me as much in the long positions.
            I'd rather see 18 go back to short any day.

I think 7 will probably stay where it is until the rainy season starts. Then it will be moved to higher ground for the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott
              Really? These are two that don't bother me as much in the long positions.
              For me, #7 long/right puts the "crap" in crapshoot.

And #17 long is unbirdieable, whereas on #17 short I might have a chance at it with a perfect drive.

By the way, I notice the new forum only does "quotes" one level deep when you hit the quote button. Is that a setting in the admin control panel?
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

For me, #7 long/right puts the "crap" in crapshoot.
                I see what you mean. I usually have no problem getting in there, but it is a tougher shot. Even when shot down, par is still attainable.

And #17 long is unbirdieable, whereas on #17 short I might have a chance at it with a perfect drive.
                Same here, although a birdie shot is so infrequent for me it doesn't really matter to me.

I think there are other holes that significantly change with the placements.
                Hole 1 - usually a tough par, probably a bogey when long. Easy par and occasional long birdie chance in short.

Holes 2-7 - no major changes for me, except perhaps the frequency of birdies.

Holes 8, 9 - Major shift. Easy par when short, rarely par when long. I'm guessing on 8 - I haven't seen it short for a long time. I think this is one of the broken collars.

Hole 10 - Probably the same, more birdieable when right. I've only seen it right briefly.

Hole 11 - shouldn't be much different, but for some reason I have a tougher time with the current (long) placement

Hole 12 - Much easier birdie chance for me when right, but I rarely see it there.

Hole 13 - Major shift. Short seems way easy. Long is tough.

Hole 14 - No major change - once you get past the first trees both require similar second shots.

Hole 15, 16 - significatnly tougher in long position

Hole 17 - no big change for me

Hole 18 - Par hole when short. Bogey hole when long.

Comment

Holes 8, 9 - Major shift. Easy par when short, rarely par when long. I'm guessing on 8 - I haven't seen it short for a long time. I think this is one of the broken collars.
                  I don't think I've ever seen #8 short.

Hole 10 - Probably the same, more birdieable when right. I've only seen it right briefly.
                  Yeah, me too, but I liked it. Still hairy through the trees, but I had a better chance of parking it.

Hole 11 - shouldn't be much different, but for some reason I have a tougher time with the current (long) placement
                  I think long is basically unbirdieable; in the short placement you've got a decent chance.

Hole 13 - Major shift. Short seems way easy. Long is tough.
                  Yeah, that short position should be moved somewhere a little further back, maybe off to the right a little?

Hole 14 - No major change - once you get past the first trees both require similar second shots.
                  I used to think that until my last time out, when I parked the short position! You're right, though, it doesn't really change your drive off the tee.
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen #8 short.

Yeah, me too, but I liked it. Still hairy through the trees, but I had a better chance of parking it.

I think long is basically unbirdieable; in the short placement you've got a decent chance.

Yeah, that short position should be moved somewhere a little further back, maybe off to the right a little?

I used to think that until my last time out, when I parked the short position! You're right, though, it doesn't really change your drive off the tee.
                    I see what you mean about quotes only going one level deep.

I think the short placement on 13 should be somewhere between the teepad and the long position. There are some nice possibilities to the left, near the walkout path.

Nice job parking 14.

The first time I ever parked 17 short the basket was in the long position. It was in the 2007 RCO, and my disc was actually on top of the collar.

Comment

I see what you mean about quotes only going one level deep.

I think the short placement on 13 should be somewhere between the teepad and the long position. There are some nice possibilities to the left, near the walkout path.

Nice job parking 14.

The first time I ever parked 17 short the basket was in the long position. It was in the 2007 RCO, and my disc was actually on top of the collar.

On short/left #7, have you guys ever taken the route to the left? I used to throw an anhyzer around the left side of the trees. From the tee, it looks impenetrable, but if you look back at the tee from the basket, you can see the line. Fun shot with a beat roc/putter.
                      Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by proto something or other
                        On short/left #7, have you guys ever taken the route to the left? I used to throw an anhyzer around the left side of the trees. From the tee, it looks impenetrable, but if you look back at the tee from the basket, you can see the line. Fun shot with a beat roc/putter.
                        I'm a forehand guy, so I used to do that one all of the time. The first several times I used that route it was money, but after that it became more random. I have much better success now throwing a forehand that flexes a little left, right up the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by proto something or other
                          On short/left #7, have you guys ever taken the route to the left? I used to throw an anhyzer around the left side of the trees.
                          I'm going to have to check that out; I love turnover shots.
                          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

14's position doesn't change the tee shot for me, but it is definitely the difference between getting in putting range on a great throw or not.

11 long definitely deuceable.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Olson
                              11 long definitely deuceable.
                              Not for me. A great shot gets me right to the edge of the short circle. It should be an easy upshot from there, but I've been having crazy luck lately - i.e. short putter toss that lands on edge and rolls to the bottom of the hill - twice.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X