Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its a Grimm situation at Pier

Yep, they're filming again.

The Grimm TV series will be filming at Pier next week and that there will be some holes affected. Grimm is returning and the set location will be at the bottom of the #6 hill, grassy slope w/ foot trail. They will begin setting up on Thursday 7/18, filming on Friday 7/19, late in the afternoon till late in the night and that is when #6,#16 and maybe a few others will be out of play, will know better on Monday. There will be signage directing players around #6 to #7. There will be some generators and other small equipment out there along with small utility vehicles. Big trucks will only bring in equipment and exit the park. They will be in there Saturday 7/20 tearing down the set. The film crew will have signage up on Monday 7/15.

Thanks to Portland Public Parks for giving the DG community a heads up!

Jeff
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Even though it can cut into the disc golf course play, I do appreciate Grimm filming in Portland and showing off our city and parks. They do quite a bit of filming out here in St. Johns.
    Disc golf ruined my life.

Comment

The Latest Scoop!

Here are the latest details on Pier Park Disc Golf hole closures on 7/18 & 7/19/13:

Holes 5 & 6 will be closed and signs explaining which holes will be effected and at which times will be posted on the bulletin board and at holes #1, #4, #5, #6, and #15 informing golfers to head directly from hole #4 to Hole #7.

Also, due to the proximity of #16 to the "set" on Friday 7/19, the film crew will provide staff to stand at #16 to verbally instruct players when we are recording sound and when it is "safe" to play through.

I know it's a bit of a bummer to have holes closed periodically, but please be courteous to the film crews at Pier. They could have very easily requested the entire course be closed, but instead they have chosen to work with us.

Once again, I would like to thank Portland Public Parks for informing the disc golf community of these hole closures.

Jeff Hagerty
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
      Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X