X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEER!

Figured that would get your attention. I played Pier early this morning(dawn). Guess what I found at every teepad? Empty beer cans and bottles. What part of pack it in pack it out don't you get? Duh, the pack it out part. I can see worlds playing Pier on a Saturday morning and seeing all the beer cans and bottles left from Friday afternoon. Have some CLASS!

Problem is not many of the people here are your target audience. There are a lot of students, lunch break, and in general non-educated types who are bringing beer and not being to smart about packing in and out their trash and secondly keeping it discreet. Another big issue lately has been off leash dogs. The neighbors seem to be posting signs around the exterior of the park stating the city code. The drinking and dog issue seem to be on the rise no matter who the people are and that puts disc golfers on the radar of the neighborhood. This could be the beginning of problems but then again I could just be crying wolf.
    "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

Reminding signage around the park seems to help to a certain degree. I know at hornings they posted a pack it in pack it out sign at on of the most problematic spots and I rarely see anything left behind at that tee

Comment

There are signs at Pier. It is really people who just don't give a damn in general. If they do, they have a funny way of showing it.
        "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

It is just a shame to have such a beautiful disc golf course and have beer bottles laying around. I guess i will be carrying a garbage bag with me from now on and haul them to the trash cans.

Comment

I absolutely agree with you that its a shame. I need to do better about walking the talk and bringing garbage bags with me.

Comment

i just carry extra bags. some fools are just simply that.... fools

Comment

I played pier this morning (7:15am). It was much better. I only found cans on hole#8 and #12. Hauled them to the recycle bins. Nice job!

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen.Sines View Post
                  i just carry extra bags.
                  Stephen has baggage.

Comment

Frustrating but what ya gonna do?

I was gonna make this same post but as previously mentioned, doesn't fully pertain to most people on here...

More signs and bins would be helpful but otherwise, I grab a few cans every couple holes.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X