• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bridge

Originally posted by Bullseye Disc Golf.com View Post
    1 Arrest made during tree cutting:

http://www.kgw.com/news/Fighting-to-...191930631.html

Wouldn't you think they would at least provide a diagram of what they intend to do here? City government has become like Federal government in that everything they do now is "Top Secret." They are supposed to be working for the people but they have their own agenda and no one is allowed to know what it is.

The fact that that tree is now removed, and the location of that tree being removed tells me that there are big plans for Pier Park and this proposed "Greenway" and the disc golf course is not a part of these plans. My intuition tells me that hole 1, hole 2 and hole 3 are going to be gone.

Occupy Pier Park!
    You obviously don't know much about the bridge project... The bridge has to be built at that location due to the height requirements for the rail road. The path has to be at a certain grade and direction to meet ADA requirements, and wide enough for an emergency vehicle to cross. This was discussed at great length to minimize damage to the park and trees. The plans for the project are posted on the city website, they aren't trying to hide anything from you. The tree was scheduled to be cut early because March is the start of nesting season and they didn't want to disturb any wildlife. I have been at every public meeting regarding this project, I don't recall seeing you at any of them. Please educate yourself before you start bitching about a subject you know very little about. Get involved or be quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye Disc Golf.com View Post
      Wouldn't you think they would at least provide a diagram of what they intend to do here? City government has become like Federal government in that everything they do now is "Top Secret." They are supposed to be working for the people but they have their own agenda and no one is allowed to know what it is.
      I found this diagram hidden on the Project page of the
      Portland Parks and Recreation department.

It took under five seconds to find. Apparently, the city is also inept when it comes to hiding their dastardly plans.

Comment

Originally posted by Keeneye View Post
        You obviously don't know much about the bridge project... The bridge has to be built at that location due to the height requirements for the rail road. The path has to be at a certain grade and direction to meet ADA requirements, and wide enough for an emergency vehicle to cross. This was discussed at great length to minimize damage to the park and trees. The plans for the project are posted on the city website, they aren't trying to hide anything from you. The tree was scheduled to be cut early because March is the start of nesting season and they didn't want to disturb any wildlife. I have been at every public meeting regarding this project, I don't recall seeing you at any of them. Please educate yourself before you start bitching about a subject you know very little about. Get involved or be quiet.
        Logic bomb has been dropped. This conversation is officially over. Thanks, Keeneye.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X