X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Construction at Orchard Park

Orchard Park will be undergoing some changes this summer.
    The trail that dead ends at hole 7 will be widened and extended outside of the park. Hole 7 will be closed for the duration of the constuction. After construction, hole 7 will be altered so that both the tee area and basket are on the same side of the path.

Estimated time of construction is late May/early June through September.

I'll post more details when I have them.

A contractor has been found for the work at Orchard Park and a pre-construction meeting should be scheduled sometime between now and early June. Hole 7 will be closed off once construction begins and will remain closed until the path project is complete. Orchard Park will have 8 holes open during the construction phase, but a temporary 9th hole will be used for Tuesday Twos.

Construction is scheduled to go through the summer. Once complete, a new hole 7 will be built with the teepad on the other side of the path and a new basket location. The rest of the course will be evaluated for saftey, with emphasis on areas throwing over or parallel to a path (holes 8 and 9). Shifting these holes may force changes to holes 4,5, and 6. These changes are still being discussed to find the best option.

The one thing that is known for sure at this point is that hole 7 as we know it is about to be retired for good. Time to go out and get one last ace on hole 7 while you still can!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      The one thing that is known for sure at this point is that hole 7 as we know it is about to be retired for good. Time to go out and get one last ace on hole 7 while you still can!
      My only ace(so far) was on that hole...and during Twos to boot.

RIP Hole 7

Comment

I have two aces on that hole with the same disc about a month apart. Fare thee well, friend.
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

3 for me, two on the same disc two days apart. Two of them during TT, and both were the first throw of the night.

Don't worry - the new 7 should be very aceable as well.

Comment

Hole 7 is being pulled today.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X