X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc Golf Classes at Orchard Park

I just thought I would post this info again here. If you know any beginners or folks looking to get into the sport, these classes would be a good low key way to get some instruction.

Emma and I are teaching two series of disc golf classes this summer for Hillsboro Parks and Rec at Orchard Park. One class is for teens and adults, and one is for families. Both classes are for beginners and intermediate/recreational players. Folks can sign up for one or more classes. Here's the details.

Disc Golf Clinic
    Dates: 6/29, 7/6, 7/20
    Day: Wednesday
    Time: 7-8:30pm
    Fee: $10 Hillsboro resident
    $15 non-resident

Disc Golf Family Fun
    Dates: 7/9, 7/23, 7/30
    Day: Saturday
    Time: 10-11:30am
    Fee: $10 Hillsboro resident
    $15 non-resident

Participants receive a golf disc with registration. Classes include approximately 45 minutes of instruction and practice and a 9-hole round of golf. Also included are other contests and prizes, so participants can walk away with more fun stuff.

This link goes to the page in the parks and rec catalog that describes the classes. Scroll down till you see disc golf.

http://www.ci.hillsboro.or.us/parksr...ultClasses.pdf

And this link takes you to the on-line registration. Pre-registration is required. You can also call parks and rec at 503.681.5397 to register.

http://online.activecommunities.com/...582.3147916667

So, spread the word if you know anyone who might be interested. I will respond here to questions or you can pm me or call me at 503.357.4785.

Thanks,

Garry

Disc Golf Classes at Orchards Park

My wife took the disc golf classes at orchards last night. Not only was it a great class, but also a great deal. For her $15 she got some excellent instruction and a $10 disc for free. So if any beginners want to learn the basics of disc golf call the Hillsboro Parks dept. and get on board.

Comment

The Hillsboro Parks and Rec has a class scheduled for Saturday October 18th. Does anyone know what the real date time is? not sure if it should be Saturday the 15th or Tuesday the 18th? My son is interested in taking the class if its still going on.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Etherag View Post
        The Hillsboro Parks and Rec has a class scheduled for Saturday October 18th. Does anyone know what the real date time is? not sure if it should be Saturday the 15th or Tuesday the 18th? My son is interested in taking the class if its still going on.

Thanks!
        ... uh-oh, both of those dates sound suspect to me... this weekend is definitely not happening as the old man is out of town... here's what i'll do, i'll give him a call tonight and then post on here tomorrow what i find out from him... sorry about the confusion and hopefully something will work out for your son... thank you so much for the interest!!!

emma
        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X