X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donation box

It's a donation box...no "need to" or "have to" here.

...not all have to donate. It's there if someone would like to donate to the park. Maybe it's someone traveling from out of town and absolutely loved the park and wanted to help the park with a monetary donation. There's nothing wrong with that!

I agree that ALL money left in a disc golf specific donation box should be used ONLY for the maintenance and improvement of the disc golf course.
    I agree wholeheartedly!
    Last edited by JMittl; September 28th, 2011, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pop View Post
      I need some information before I can approach the park rangers with the funds for (but not limited to) the following: Tee pad maintenance, Basket maintenance, bench building, scorecards, and maybe three more holes.

I am not convinced that the ranger will even allow it, but I wanted to be somewhat informed before I approach them about the matter.

Thanks - Pop
      Since I don't think very much of the $40 annual state parks pass goes specifically to the champoeg disc golf course, I would donate what I could when I play there. That is, if the funds taken would solely be used for the golf course. Three more holes would be awesome, but probably unrealistic when dealing with that specific park. Benches aren't as important to me personally, especially on such a flat course, but donít get me wrong, my butt would not be above sitting on them. A couple more alternate pin placements would be cool, to add a little more diversity to the course. I was happy to see a couple more trash cans out there recently, even though it doesnít stop people from putting their beer cans in tree trunks uhg if you plan out any work parties, post it up and Iíll come out to work.....and party
      "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Misquote of Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by jevon View Post
        I leave my cans in the "sentinels" scattered throughout the course. At a nickel a piece I've donated quite a few dollars over the years.
        I see that you are not alone in this donation. I pick up your trash along with the other litter. Do you break the bottles too for extra enjoyment? Where is your front yard so I can "donate" to your cause. If you think this is such a good idea, I think you should donate in this manner in front of a ranger. As a matter of fact, just leave all this at the collection station as your entry fee and see what happens.

Your mother does not play golf here. Pack your trash.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
          Do boaters have to pay an additional fee to the park to launch a boat?

Do horse-folk need to donate money to ride their horses on the paths?

Without question.... I love Milo. However, I have to say that we disc golfers already do 90% of the course maintenance out there AND we already pay our parking fees like everyone else. I think asking us to donate even more is a bit over the top.

I can totally understand a donation box being appropriate in a park like Pier Park, that it is free to play, but we already pay for Milo every time we buy a park pass.

Unless we can get an agreement with the rangers at Milo from the park that promises that ALL money left in disc-golf specific donation box will be used ONLY on the disc course itself then I don't like the idea. We have an agreement like this with Pier Park and it works great. Not only does it ensure that our money is used for the purpose we originally intended it for, but it also repeatedly points out to the parks department that disc golfers appreciate and support our courses.
          You are right, it is all about YOU. How silly of me to think otherwise.
          Last edited by pop; October 2nd, 2011, 06:04 PM.

Comment

I see that you are not alone in this donation. I pick up your trash along with the other litter. Do you break the bottles too for extra enjoyment? Where is your front yard so I can "donate" to your cause. If you think this is such a good idea, I think you should donate in this manner in front of a ranger. As a matter of fact, just leave all this at the collection station as your entry fee and see what happens.

Your mother does not play golf here. Pack your trash.
            nice rant when the guy is talking about leaving his empties in the collection cans put on the course for that purpose, way to fly off the handle at the drop of a hat. or are you gonna rant at me for dropping a metaphorical hat without packing it out?
            You are right, it is all about YOU. How silly of me to think otherwise.
            wow pops, that's grumpiness even i can't top

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
            Remain ye men of faculty complete,
            Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
            Attending to our noble bond and contract?
            Or does here stand the last remaining man
            To give a fig for rules and order yet,
            No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
            Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
            Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
              nice rant when the guy is talking about leaving his empties in the collection cans put on the course for that purpose, way to fly off the handle at the drop of a hat. or are you gonna rant at me for dropping a metaphorical hat without packing it out?

wow pops, that's grumpiness even i can't top

I reserve the right to make an ass of myself whenever I want. I have not equated dropping cans in the bins to serious funding of course development, so I guess I am really confused and need to be educated.

Comment

I reserve the right to make an ass of myself whenever I want.
                No worries, I am one of the biggest ranters on this forum. I was just recognizing your ranting prowess.

I have not equated dropping cans in the bins to serious funding of course development, so I guess I am really confused and need to be educated.
                No, but you did call Jevon out like he just throws his empties on the ground like a littering loser AND included his mom in your put down.

And then you slammed Hagerty of all people, as a self centered ass who should STFU, when all he did was ask some pointed questions about which other park users donate time and money above and beyond the parking fee to get into the park...

This is what I saw as an observer of this thread, and what prompted my response. But really this is just taking away from the main discussion of the iron sentinels and funding methods for disc golf courses. So maybe we should just move on to more productive discussions.

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                Or does here stand the last remaining man
                To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Milo McIver

FYI...kiosk and donation box on the west course are slated to be moved this winter.

Also, I have checked with our friendly park manager, Clay, at Milo about the use of donated funds. The funds that are put into the "donation" box will stay with Milo and be used solely for Disc Golf course improvements!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X