• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post

which 27 if you know
    Riverbend 18 Holes E and 9 Holes W.

Comment

As I was finishing up on the tournament 18 East they were starting to pull the baskets. Glad I got at least one round in. Was a perfect day out there.
      "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.ö

Comment

thank you all for posting these updates!

I is ultra-bonus to come to this forum to see current status of the best course(es) in our region. some of us coming up for a Midnite show tomorrow night, golfing around this event. Milo in the afternoon, Dabney in the morning. Bringing some discers who have never played these courses. Can't wait to see those sweeeet new baskets at milo...

Comment

Stumphole's New Boardwalk

Yesterday was our first day of working to replace the "boardwalk" on the Stumphole. Currently still under construction and not ready to be used, but a HUGE thank you to the crew!

Jeff Cox
          Murry "the Brit"
          Jeff Hagerty
          Aaron Kirschling
          Mike Phillips
          Tom Dooley
          Jeff Mittl
          Oregon State Parks

I'll try and get up some pics.
          More to come to get this spectacular disc golf hole back to playable!

Comment

Originally posted by JMittl View Post
            Yesterday was our first day of working to replace the "boardwalk" on the Stumphole. Currently still under construction and not ready to be used, but a HUGE thank you to the crew!

Jeff Cox
            Murry "the Brit"
            Jeff Hagerty
            Aaron Kirschling
            Mike Phillips
            Tom Dooley
            Jeff Mittl
            Oregon State Parks

I'll try and get up some pics.
            More to come to get this spectacular disc golf hole back to playable!
            I'd also like to add a huge thanks to Jeff Cox Construction, Oregon State Parks and Stumptown Disc Golf for the nearly $1000 in cash and materials we needed to get this job done. If you are a Stumptown Member... your membership dues helped fund this project. THANK YOU!

JH
            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Pictures Day Of

Here are the pictures that I took at the build.
              I took all the pictures so I am in none of them.

http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h139/flash_25296/Disc%20Golf/Milo%20West%20Hole%202%20Boardwalk/?action=viewĄt=a520c0cf.pbw
              PDGA #25296
              Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                Here are the pictures that I took at the build.
                I took all the pictures so I am in none of them.
                Amazing slideshow Flash, thanks!!
                And of course thanks to the crew that built the bridge.

Good to see that Kirschling still walks the earth.

Comment

Fairways Freshly mowed!!

Two days worth of mowing at Milo makes for nice clean fairways!
                  The holes are the Milo layout of 18E and 9W. No extra tournament holes were mowed.
                  ...Thanks Kirschling, Buckley, Jovie, Mittl

Comment

First Timer at Milo

So my wife and I got to play the 9 and 18 hole layouts (East and West Courses) for the first time when we were on vacation. It was nice to finally see most of what everyone talks about with the BSF and other events held there. It's so cool to see more state parks catching on to disc golf and I enjoyed my round there very much. I was a bit surprised by the length of the east course, but surprised in a good way. I wish we had more length like that in Spokane where I'm at. I must applaud all who maintain those courses as there was very little trash seen as well. The only thing that left me scratching my head a bit was the numbering of holes on the 9 hole west course - it seemed ridiculous to play hole 9 as 9 when it could just as easily be 4 then bump up holes 4-8 a number to finish on 8. That was slightly odd to me but I guess if that was really my only complaint then things are going well there. That wasn't meant as a dig to anyone it's just meant as constructive feedback as a first time player there. Great courses though.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottW View Post
                      So my wife and I got to play the 9 and 18 hole layouts (East and West Courses) for the first time when we were on vacation. It was nice to finally see most of what everyone talks about with the BSF and other events held there. It's so cool to see more state parks catching on to disc golf and I enjoyed my round there very much. I was a bit surprised by the length of the east course, but surprised in a good way. I wish we had more length like that in Spokane where I'm at. I must applaud all who maintain those courses as there was very little trash seen as well. The only thing that left me scratching my head a bit was the numbering of holes on the 9 hole west course - it seemed ridiculous to play hole 9 as 9 when it could just as easily be 4 then bump up holes 4-8 a number to finish on 8. That was slightly odd to me but I guess if that was really my only complaint then things are going well there. That wasn't meant as a dig to anyone it's just meant as constructive feedback as a first time player there. Great courses though.
                      Thanks for the feedback...we are in the process of course changes. Proposal of 2 18 hole courses. Which also means better tee signs.
                      Glad you enjoyed Milo!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottW View Post
                        yea that was done with out any discer consultation i do believe...

Glad you had a good time it has been a long time in the making from the little dinker 9 holer to the World Reknowned 36 18E/18W
                        "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X