X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice for a milo newbie...

when's the best time to play milo? does it get mobbed like pier in the afternoon? is it worth it to wake up early and play the first round while the grass is still covered with dew? i'd love to get out on a weekday, but all i've got is weekends...

thanks!

peace threw disc golf,
    emmarose
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

I know that some weekends in the summer the SCA takes over part of the course. Annoying that they take over part of the course but the fights are kind of fun to watch. I am not sure which weekends though. Not sure what teh local webstie is but i am sure you can find it by going to the Main SCA Website.
    Throw What You Know.
    "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
    PDGA# 45989

Comment

Good point! Anyone knows the dates that Milo will be CLOSED this year, please post them here, and I will add to the calendar.
      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Early is good, and the only way possible to get in two on the 27 hole layout.

You get big families in the afternoons on weekends that really clog the course, and the flow is pretty goofy since the signage was put up by well-meaning non-golfing park employees, so get a map and talk to someone about how you are going to play it.

If I had any idea where I'm likely to play this weekend I'd offer to guide, but you'd have to come pick me up and drive me out there while I slept cause I'm no longer a morning person.

There is also a group of seasoned golfers that plays out there weekend mornings and I think you'd fit in well with them, I'll see if they're going to be out there.

Also, if there's a work party going on out there, spend some time with the crew and you'll get to hear the inner machinations of the guys that really drive the place and, likely have some of the most competent guides possible for a round at Milo!

BTW, 2 milo 27s is an epic day of golf - moreso, in my opinion than going out to play the whole 54 at Hornings, so if you want more golf, but not that much more, hop around to the Estacada side and play Timber in the afternoon to top off your day.

Best luck - if you want to talk about it, give me a call tonight and I can clear

Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post
        when's the best time to play milo? does it get mobbed like pier in the afternoon? is it worth it to wake up early and play the first round while the grass is still covered with dew? i'd love to get out on a weekday, but all i've got is weekends...

thanks!

peace threw disc golf,
        emmarose

Comment

Originally posted by erp View Post
          Early is good, and the only way possible to get in two on the 27 hole layout.

There is also a group of seasoned golfers that plays out there weekend mornings and I think you'd fit in well with them, I'll see if they're going to be out there.

BTW, 2 milo 27s is an epic day of golf - moreso, in my opinion than going out to play the whole 54 at Hornings, so if you want more golf, but not that much more, hop around to the Estacada side and play Timber in the afternoon to top off your day.
          thanks, eric... my dad and i will be out there saturday morning, looks like... i would love to hit up timber as well, since we'll be out there... but as he is fast approaching senior grandmaster, we'll see how much golf he has in him (sorry dad... love you) ... we'd love some seasoned golfer guides if anyone has any plans to be out there... i'll post a time when i know for sure... but i'd figure 10ish... not really sure how long it takes to get there from my neck of the woods...

peace,
          em

Comment

If you are coming at 10 you best be there to work at the work party!

Comment

Also, if you hear small planes and after a few minutes, a series of POOFs, look up for skydivers...

Comment

Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post
                thanks, eric... my dad and i will be out there saturday morning, looks like... i would love to hit up timber as well, since we'll be out there... but as he is fast approaching senior grandmaster, we'll see how much golf he has in him (sorry dad... love you) ... we'd love some seasoned golfer guides if anyone has any plans to be out there... i'll post a time when i know for sure... but i'd figure 10ish... not really sure how long it takes to get there from my neck of the woods...

peace,
                em
                Em, I should be able to go and show you around....

Hippy007

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                  If you are coming at 10 you best be there to work at the work party!
                  really?! c'mon... work around my schedule... for real, tho, i'd be up for it... just bring my work gloves, right?

peace,
                  em

Comment

Originally posted by Hippy007 View Post
                    Em, I should be able to go and show you around....

Hippy007
                    sweet... i'll be in touch... also... looks like we got roped into a work party... ah, well... time to start paying my dues...

peace,
                    em

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X