X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vortex 1 (1970)

Vortex1 was a state-sponsored festival held at Milo Mciver state park in 1970.
    This festival is a cool part of the history of Milo and OPB had a video on it last night.. you can watch it online for free here:

http://www.opb.org/programs/oregonex...ms/28-Vortex-I

I look forward to hearing if any of you old farts were at Vortex and have any stories about it.

Originally posted by Tbiz View Post
    Vortex1 was a state-sponsored festival held at Milo Mciver state park in 1970.
    This festival is a cool part of the history of Milo and OPB had a video on it last night.. you can watch it online for free here:

http://www.opb.org/programs/oregonex...ms/28-Vortex-I

I look forward to hearing if any of you old farts were at Vortex and have any stories about it.
    that was fun to watch last night. kept looking for baskets lol

Comment

Originally posted by rob smith View Post
      that was fun to watch last night. kept looking for baskets lol
      me too, didn't see them though... pretty groovy scene back there in 1970. Awesome show pretty clever by the old Oregon government to come up with the concept to keep the kids away from downtown during that convention. It is just hard to believe that they had that many people down there. I believe I heard that it still is on record for the largest traffic jam in OR history pretty impressive being that the traffic jam that stopped the whole metro area with that snow storm a month or so ago.
      The Frisbee is the mirror to the soul.

-M. Burns

Comment

Not off topic

Why did this post get moved?? This thread is hardly off topic as it pertains to the history of a disc golf course that is recognized state- and nation-wide.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbiz View Post
          Why did this post get moved?? This thread is hardly off topic as it pertains to the history of a disc golf course that is recognized state- and nation-wide.
          I read the article and it wasn't really about disc golf. Why does it bother you so much that it was moved? "Off Topic" doesn't mean "inappropriate"; that's "Controversial Topics."

(I suppose this could also legitimately go in the Milo McIver sub-forum... so I'll put it there now.)
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Moving this thread displays a serious misuse of moderator power.
            It's not about a disc golf course, so it's "Off Topic."
            Why do we only know what Adam's back looks like?
            He may be part of the evil capitalist industrial complex's efforts to control our actions.
            Has anyone ever REALLY met him?

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
              Why do we only know what Adam's back looks like?
              'Cause you've never clicked through to my profile.
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I think that's a picture of David Munk!
                What are referrals? Something sinister no doubt.

Comment

Wes my older sister and I were there with my Mom and her friends. I was only seven years old so I dont recall much except for the army guys who where doing the security for the event but my Mom has photo,s from that day and I was around a bunch of real Hippy's cool old photo,s but my Mom said it was a great concert and she love the price to get in which was free.
                  X - Man

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X