X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baskets

How many in the ground right now? 27 or 36?
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Last I heard from last weekend was 36 and they intend to keep them in for a few more weeks at least...

Originally posted by Sam View Post
    How many in the ground right now? 27 or 36?

Comment

where can i find a updated course map with 36?

Comment

Originally posted by ryanajanes View Post
        where can i find a updated course map with 36?
        http://www.beaverstatefling.com/2009/course

Comment

Originally posted by erp View Post
          Last I heard from last weekend was 36 and they intend to keep them in for a few more weeks at least...
          Any update on the baskets? Still there? Likely to be there the next two weeks? I have two trips to PDX in the next two weeks and I was hoping to play the 36 layout both times.

Comment

They were there as of Friday. I heard a rumor that they may leave them in all winter...now that would be fantastic.
            Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

They won't be in all winter, they will be in until another inmate crew comes out to work in the park to help remove them. As per Wally, the head Ranger fella there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                They won't be in all winter, they will be in until another inmate crew comes out to work in the park to help remove them. As per Wally, the head Ranger fella there.
                Keep those inmates in jail then!!
                Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
                PDGA #37890
                Stumptown #157
                ODW TDG 10-11
                3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

Originally posted by loocid
                  All 36 were there yesterday (10/25). You guys really have a monster of a course down there, sooo sweet! A truly epic adventure. Thanks to all who have contributed towards making such a place possible.
                  All 36 still in? I'm hoping to play both 18's this Saturday 11/14.

Comment

they are still in the ground today 11/9

Comment

Here's the news:

Baskets will be removed Monday 11/23.

The course will change for the winter months and by that I mean there will likely be an 18 hole course consisting of both normal course holes and tourney holes. TBD

Reasons for the hole closures:
                      Course rehabilitation
                      consolidating park users to a smaller area of the park near the only bathroom open during the winter. Why? Budget

There has been concern voiced by the parks dept. that users are not exiting the park on time and therefore holding up the train. They're not singleing any one user out (fishermen)...but what I do know is that sometimes it's hard to pull yourself to leave Milo.

Please be aware of park hours. It'll help oil the gears that is Milo McIver Park.

Comment

Originally posted by JMittl View Post
                        Here's the news:

There has been concern voiced by the parks dept. that users are not exiting the park on time and therefore holding up the train. They're not singleing any one user out (fishermen)...but what I do know is that sometimes it's hard to pull yourself to leave Milo.

Please be aware of park hours. It'll help oil the gears that is Milo McIver Park.
                        What are the winter time park hours?
                        Sunset is 4:43 p.m.

Comment

Here's the news:

The course will change for the winter months and by that I mean there will likely be an 18 hole course consisting of both normal course holes and tourney holes. TBD

Course rehabilitation
                          consolidating park users to a smaller area of the park near the only bathroom open during the winter. Why? Budget

Thanks for the info TJM, looks like I will have a chance to play both this Saturday. Anyone want to join me?

Comment

Here's the news:

Course rehabilitation
                            Anyone know if this happened?

Comment

Heading there today.

Will be heading to McIver shortly to see what's what with the hole config/availability. I'll dutifully report back here upon return.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X