X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downed Tree on 18

Jamie and I were at the course on Saturday. We're playing hole 15 when we hear some loud cracking - WHACK! WHACK! CRACK!

I immediately yelled that that had better not be what I thought it was. A group (3 guys) came walking out of the hole in the woods and sat at the bench on the hole we were playing and rested for a few moments and then carried on to 19.

We finished the hole and I took a quick peek down the fairway to see if I could notice anything. I couldn't.

We played 16 (nice birdie, Jamie!), 17 and were walking out after finishing 18 when I saw it - a tree down - clearly caused by some asshole.

We played 19 and both of us were shaking we were so pissed off. Then we saw a ranger truck. Jamie sprinted over to the truck to let the rangers know of what happened as the group was at that point finishing up hole 21 and she wanted to point them out. She told them what went down and then came back so we could continue golfing on 20.

We had cleared the corner and were looking at the basket when we saw the ranger truck driving away. 6 holes later, we saw the same group still whooping and hollering and having a great old time - clearly not having been harassed by the rangers.

I guess I am posting this to say... what the hell? Do the rangers not give a crap if people destroy trees in their park to make the golf course easier? Is this a new Milo policy - carve your own fairways?

I was super pissed at the jerk who broke the tree. I think I might be even more pissed at the fact that the rangers were informed about it and did nothing.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

If you are talking about the tree by the main walk out of 18 that's been down for at least 2 weeks.

Comment

That really sucks, but what could the rangers do? They didn't see anything. For all they know, you whacked the trees and then blamed the other guys.

Comment

Interesting, Bruce. I guess I feel a little better about the situation but still it sucks.
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

It was one of the trees that was punished by the weather we had over winter, we had it kind of wedged up against another tree for quite sometime. It just never came back to life, blame winter!

I've also noticed many of the small trees we tried to save from winter damage, starting to show sings of death, it's sad!

Comment

Makes me VERY curious what we heard then...
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X