Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trashed

ok, i'll open this one up:

played milo yesterday. bottles/cans/trash everywhere. 'uber disc-charger' on lots of benches. redneck windchimes in the trees. we did our part by picking up broken glass and a reasonable amt of other crap, but c'mon...

i realize this is a 'can of worms', but what is the solution? people should know better, but they don't. and if they do, they don't give a sh*t. i'm pretty certain it's not golfers who are on this forum.

it's a heartbreaker. milo is the most beautiful, most killer course around.

SO....
    what is the solution? these clowns have to be caught in the act, and as much as i play milo, i just never see anyone DOING any of this. i think the only real way to stop it is to catch people and have them fined and/or banned from the park, and that can only happen from the rangers, and we all know they don't have time to run some anti-pollution sting from the bushes.

this isn't only at milo. it just seems like it was especially trashed yesterday.

??

Originally posted by seanb View Post

played milo yesterday. bottles/cans/trash everywhere. 'uber disc-charger' on lots of benches. redneck windchimes in the trees. we did our part by picking up broken glass and a reasonable amt of other crap, but c'mon...

i realize this is a 'can of worms', but what is the solution? people should know better, but they don't. and if they do, they don't give a sh*t. i'm pretty certain it's not golfers who are on this forum.

SO....
    what is the solution? these clowns have to be caught in the act, and as much as i play milo, i just never see anyone DOING any of this. i think the only real way to stop it is to catch people and have them fined and/or banned from the park, and that can only happen from the rangers, and we all know they don't have time to run some anti-pollution sting from the bushes.

this isn't only at milo. it just seems like it was especially trashed yesterday.

??
    I can't agree with you more! It kills me to see us continue to put in time, effort, and money to improve Milo only to have it trashed by disrespectful casual players!!

Comment

Originally posted by seanb View Post

SO....

??
      Same battle at Pier Park. All you can do is bring a trash bag with ya, and give a heads up to the morons if ya catch them in the act.

Lame but dunno if there's really any good solution.

Comment

i hear you. pier is ridiculous. dabney is always trashed, too. even rooster.

i have a proactive idea that i'll run by the rangers next time i'm at milo. easier to catch more flies with sugar...

Comment

I heard uber disc charge fag got caught in the act. Hopefully has to do community service

Comment

Originally posted by javalanche View Post
            I heard uber disc charge fag got caught in the act. Hopefully has to do community service
            There are so many new tags around it is obvious busting that one guy hasn't made a dent in the issue. Maybe the guy who got caught should not have been allowed to remain nameless. Perhaps if these people thought there was a good chance they'd be publicly vilified they might reconsider.

Whatever the case, we really need to do whatever we can to put an end to it. These few people make every one of our courses look terrible and as a result they make us look terrible too.

The suggestion for more signage, explaining issues that really should be common sense, is a great start. Yes, it is too bad we have to talk slowly and spell everything out, but it is pretty clear we're not dealing with
            intellectuals.
            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
              There are so many new tags around it is obvious busting that one guy hasn't made a dent in the issue. Maybe the guy who got caught should not have been allowed to remain nameless. Perhaps if these people thought there was a good chance they'd be publicly vilified they might reconsider.

Whatever the case, we really need to do whatever we can to put an end to it. These few people make every one of our courses look terrible and as a result they make us look terrible too.

The suggestion for more signage, explaining issues that really should be common sense, is a great start. Yes, it is too bad we have to talk slowly and spell everything out, but it is pretty clear we're not dealing with
              intellectuals.

Agreed. I don't toss my trash but I just finally noticed on the blue lake tee signs, "trash can located every few holes." Like it. Baby steps.

As far as vandalism, maybe some reminders that it's illegal and you are risking a fine. It's a start.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X