X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously?

First of all, I would like to sincerely thank everyone who has put effort into the Lunchtime course over the last year. The hard work and effort is very apparent.

With that being said, not all changes are necessarily good ones. For example:
    • A basket placement that requires a throw directly over a teepad (hole 9)
    • A basket placement in the middle of a blackberry patch (hole 12)
    • A basket landing area that's about 2' wide (hole 5)

Seriously, who thought these were good ideas? It seems like changes are being made just for the sake of making changes.

Originally posted by Scott View Post
    First of all, I would like to sincerely thank everyone who has put effort into the Lunchtime course over the last year. The hard work and effort is very apparent.

With that being said, not all changes are necessarily good ones. For example:
    • A basket placement that requires a throw directly over a teepad (hole 9)
    • A basket placement in the middle of a blackberry patch (hole 12)
    • A basket landing area that's about 2' wide (hole 5)

Seriously, who thought these were good ideas? It seems like changes are being made just for the sake of making changes.
    That would be me Scott.(but I think you knew that?)

These are all ALTERNATE pin placements.
    The teepad on 9's fairway is not in use... unless you want to throw a 100ft shot. If you do, you would probably be playing all the short pads, in which case the throws dont overlap. AND, that teepad has always been in the fairway.(the lefty/sidearm route anyway.)
    Hole 12's alt position is still pretty new. The basket area should open up with time. The Idea was to expose the downed trees and make a walkout to 13 long. (If you'd like to come to a work party, I could get you started clearing blackberries right away!)
    Hole 5, the "tear drop" is just a fun position that the locals have been playing for a while now, as a temp hole. Some people love it, some people hate it, and some people cry about it! Which is great because its shaped like a tear drop! And I have to give credit to Dave Babuka for being the first person to put a basket there! We had a blast!
    And finally, you're right! the changes WERE made just for the sake of... well, making changes...
    I appreciate your opinion... but you're in the minority as far as feedback. And I choose to place more value on the opinions of the regular players, the ones who play the course daily, the ones who come to work parties, and the ones who played these positions as temp holes.
    If you have ideas for other alt placements, I'd love to hear them!
    Thanks
    sigpic
    http://www.discgolfscene.com/clubs/DISC_GOLF_OR_DIE

Comment

yes the island hole #5 is a tricky one. really demands placement accuracy. but when its in the left position... no comment
      the blackberry hole is a nice birdie to offset the OBs from #5

i keep almost acing #4 . why cant i get it in?

and i aced #7. i love that challenge hole with the OB ring of doom.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
      Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X