Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New baskets at Lunchtime and stuff.....

Since theBox is getting the privilege of new baskets and those will be installed into new collar and so forth... let me suggest making a possible layout change to theBox. graphic is linked.

if you have an opinion or a statement you would like to add in concern to this layout, please feel free to ask me in the form of a question so that clarity of my reasons ensue.

let hear it.

PS. big props to everyone for taking care of lunchtime as you have and making the effort to raise the money and install standardized equipment @ lunchtime. I applaud you.

I'd be worried about the one you've placed where existing hole #3 is (but in reverse). That's a long throw that would send a lot of wayward (e.g., griplocked) discs into the apartment complex's parking lot.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I've seen plenty of people miss their lines and end up in the parking lot of the complex to the left of 3, as is. Personally, I've never done that.... no, never....

Also, I like the input, Steve. This would definitely be interesting. Main problem I see here is a huge lack of flow, and no continuity between some holes. Maybe I am misreading it? Would help to see number by those tees.
      Last edited by HarrisonH; January 23rd, 2012, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Yeah, the existing #3 does have parking lot potential, especially with south winds, but at least a well-aimed throw is actually going more AWAY from the property line than toward it.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Can you number the holes?
          sigpic
          http://www.discgolfscene.com/clubs/DISC_GOLF_OR_DIE

Comment

I believe I figured them out, and it actually makes a lot of sense. I am gonna be there today and check it out. I added the numbers for Stephen, let me know if I got it right.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonH View Post
              I believe I figured them out, and it actually makes a lot of sense. I am gonna be there today and check it out. I added the numbers for Stephen, let me know if I got it right.
              Nailed it.
              Flow and continuity is simple. I was banking on southern winds being that's its a east-west hole. (making winds spike or drive throws)

the entire idea of this layout was so that (if the church decides so) is to add more landscaping features and overhead foliage in the long run.
              other than that, turning the wooded section into 4 holes and making efficient use of elevation drop-offs and slopping hills.

what do you guys think of my direction here?

Comment

I tried to leave the holes unnumbered so that we dont get hung up on what is where and that it is also much easier to manipulate

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen.Sines View Post
                  if you have an opinion or a statement you would like to add in concern to this layout, please feel free to ask me in the form of a question so that clarity of my reasons ensue.
                  That looks great Steve! Inspired design, good flow.

My only question is about hole 6. It looks like you're throwing to one of the parking lot strips. That doesn't seem like a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
                    That looks great Steve! Inspired design, good flow.

My only question is about hole 6. It looks like you're throwing to one of the parking lot strips. That doesn't seem like a good idea.
                    from what i understand that is already an added hole... and its pretty fun.

and if the rumors are true, and only IF, the lower parking lot (east lot) gets removed, then we can adjust accordingly IF and when that time comes.

again takers?

Comment

This layout is FAR superior! Make the call DB!
                      Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                      Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darr View Post
                        This layout is FAR superior! Make the call DB!
                        Thanks Darr. You'd come golf it up w/ me

I left two 200' holes in there for ya

Edit: Wanted to mention that the yellow area should also be considered 'playless areas/dead zones'
                        Last edited by Stephen.Sines; January 23rd, 2012, 06:21 PM. Reason: Pinkal's Mom

Comment

i love this layout sines! well done! cant wait to walk it with you tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen.Sines View Post

Since theBox is getting the privilege of new baskets and those will be installed into new collar and so forth... let me suggest making a possible layout change to theBox. graphic is linked.

let hear it.

PS. big props to everyone for taking care of lunchtime as you have and making the effort to raise the money and install standardized equipment @ lunchtime. I applaud you.
                            Hey Now! WTF is this? You didn't insult anyone in this post or belittle the long history of the course. You actually made some concrete suggestions about a better layout and at least spent some time to make a map. You obviously do not know things work on this forum...

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                            Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                            Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                            Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                            Or does here stand the last remaining man
                            To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                            No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                            Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                            Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                              Hey Now! WTF is this? You didn't insult anyone in this post or belittle the long history of the course. You actually made some concrete suggestions about a better layout and at least spent some time to make a map. You obviously do not know things work on this forum...

ding.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X