X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darr View Post
    This layout is FAR superior! Make the call DB!
    The map looks great! The only issues I see are: hole 1's tee pad would be on an up hill slant, hole 12 cant be played to the hill, the holes are a little short, and it's one less hole than we have with the current plan.
    And honestly, I just dont see the course changing significantly for some time, other than playing it backwards. Basically creating 2 courses.

Here is a picture with the 3 new baskets. Can we see some reverse or alternate layouts with the baskets staying in their current locations?

Last edited by DGOD! Disc Golf; January 24th, 2012, 10:27 AM.
    sigpic
    http://www.discgolfscene.com/clubs/DISC_GOLF_OR_DIE

Comment

"hole 1's tee pad would be on an up hill slant"
      - easy remedy. move teepad

"hole 12 cant be played to the hill"
      - I expected this. it's basically a dumby hole.

"the holes are a little short"
      - nope. 150' downhill in the woods is short and also not real golf.

"it's one less hole than we have with the current plan"
      - One less basket you have to buy and 5 new concrete teepads you can now pour

Play it in reverse, "Basically creating 2 courses"
      - if you want. lets focus on one course at the moment

Can we see some reverse or alternate layouts with the baskets staying in their current locations?
      - with the property lines and the restrictions on what directions you can make throws, I dont think its possible.

__________________________________________________ ___________

Personally I don't see lunchtime DGC getting any bigger than 13 holes unless you sacrifice fundamental golf for silly, simple holes.
      plain and simple. land use and practical physics limit this property.
      I dont mean to offend anyone.... so I'm just going to say it, if you want to hold any pdga sanctioned events at this park and expect it to be competitive.... you need to lessen the # of holes and make the course tougher and harder on the athlete. more holes and more people per event would only make me assume the worst about the quality of the event and/or its intentions.
      (I say this because when we double up on holes as players [and in the eyes of a TD], it takes away from the feel of the game and ruins the competitive rhythm)

13 excellent holes is more than likely going to be magic number.

...now after all of this...
      I am going to shed my personal reasons for doing this.
      1. I want more QUALITY courses in the city.... not just course quantity.
      2. new baskets give an opportunity for a positive re-configuration of course play
      3. the wooded side of the course is (currently) a waste of space and uniquely awesome terrain that should be re-handled with care and intensive thought
      4. elevation and the course's elevated features are poorly utilized and if modified, may greatly bolster the overall course and hole by hole challenge
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      I shed a tear every time someone mentions they are going to play lunchtime.
      I don't want that to ever occur again.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      anyways. I feel better now.

now lets get constructive.
      Last edited by Stephen.Sines; January 24th, 2012, 03:06 PM. Reason: Pinkal's mommy made me do it

Comment

Great ideas Sines. I guess we all of our own idea of what "real golf" is? We just need to work with what we've got. The baskets have been ordered... and the magic number is 15. The Stumptown slosh #4 will be at lunchtime on Feb 18th. It will be the first ever PDGA event at Lunchtime! And although you cant please everyone, many people are very excited about this. Hope you can make it! If not, come out to a work party sometime and help us make Lunchtime as good as it can be.

Here is a quick map of a reverse lay out. Its got issues. I'd love to see other takes on a reverse layout. White: Hole. Green: walk out
        sigpic

Comment

since you ordered 15 catchers, why not install 14 and use deadspace to put in a practice basket.
          I'm finished. take the reigns.

if you want my input, I'd much rather give it in person. lets arrange a time...

sometime.

Comment

Dan... that's horrible.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
              Dan... that's horrible.
              right on, right on... fix it for me, make it work!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen.Sines View Post
                since you ordered 15 catchers, why not install 14 and use deadspace to put in a practice basket.
                YESS thats a perfect idea. seriously.

Originally posted by stephen.sines View Post
                I dont mean to offend anyone.... so I'm just going to say it, if you want to hold any pdga sanctioned events at this park and expect it to be competitive.... you need to lessen the # of holes and make the course tougher and harder on the athlete. more holes and more people per event would only make me assume the worst about the quality of the event and/or its intentions.
                annd on that note... does anyone need a caddy for slosh #4?

Comment

So I am confused, what's the layout of this course now? I have played the course before the new baskets were put in, is there signage or is it fairly straight forward to figure this out once you get there?
                  The Frisbee is the mirror to the soul.

-M. Burns

Comment

This one looks accurate.

Comment

Are all the new baskets now in the ground? What about teepads?
                      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Yes, the new baskets are all in the ground. New teepads will be installed once the fund raising has been completed. I think the Matty-Open superclass event is the first fundraiser for the pads.
                        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

I would like to thank all parties involved with the improvements to the course. It really looks fantastic. Paths, bark chips, steps.... the 3 new holes are just icing.

Now here's the part that will probably get me piled upon: I don't think the added holes really add that much to the course. The last thing Lunchtime needed is more birdie-or-die filler holes. In the few times I've been there since they've been added I've played the new holes very well. They're almost gimmie birdies. And let's face it - if I can shoot them that well they're probably not great golf holes.

On the other hand, the new holes have great flow and they don't take anything away from the course. (IMO) It doesn't transform Lunchtime into a destination course, but it polishes up a nice little neighborhood course for those of us that actually do make it out there during lunch.

Thanks again to all for the hard work to all involved. Please don't interpret my observations as being ungrateful.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X