Alternate Pin Placements? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Alternate Pin Placements?

    Being the only DG Course close within Portland, I know a lot of us play this course a ton. I only started playing last year, but the pin placements at Lunchtime already feel stale, and there is definitely room out there for some alternate locations to mix things up. Has this topic even been discussed? Is there something holding us back from installing alternate placements? Especially after hole 3 being moved, it is clear it would really be nice.

  • #2
    Haven't been to LT for a while. What did I miss? Where did hole 3 go?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Scott View Post
      Haven't been to LT for a while. What did I miss? Where did hole 3 go?
      Hole 3 was moved about 50 feet to the left of where it was, about 15 feet from the slope down to the road. Maintenance guy was tired of going onto the annex building to the right there and retrieving discs... I don't blame him, looks scary as hell to be up there .

      Also got more info on this while I was playing out there today. Seems they are all concreted in, so really unless there are some major alterations done to the baskets (e.g. cutting them out of the concrete and building stands, which would actually be nice since it would lower them a foot or so), or flat out replacing them, it just ain't gonna happen, unless...

      Could even be nice to dig them all out and move them to new locations to change things up. Hole 3 only seemed to take only an hour or two to be relocated. Would be worth the effort ever 3-4 months to keep things fresh out there. Meant to mention this to Dan when I saw him today, but slipped my mind...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by HarrisonH View Post
        Hole 3 was moved about 50 feet to the left of where it was, about 15 feet from the slope down to the road. Maintenance guy was tired of going onto the annex building to the right there and retrieving discs... I don't blame him, looks scary as hell to be up there .

        Also got more info on this while I was playing out there today. Seems they are all concreted in, so really unless there are some major alterations done to the baskets (e.g. cutting them out of the concrete and building stands, which would actually be nice since it would lower them a foot or so), or flat out replacing them, it just ain't gonna happen, unless...

        Could even be nice to dig them all out and move them to new locations to change things up. Hole 3 only seemed to take only an hour or two to be relocated. Would be worth the effort ever 3-4 months to keep things fresh out there. Meant to mention this to Dan when I saw him today, but slipped my mind...
        So you're volunteering to do 12 hrs of digging every 3-4 months? Nice guy.

        On the serious note it's just lunchtime. It is what it is. Just a local practice course really, with trick shots, janky baskets, and bad break greens. For quality golf we go to pier where the only thing we can gripe about is the mach 2 spit outs (and right now, the mud).

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Eric Olson View Post
          So you're volunteering to do 12 hrs of digging every 3-4 months? Nice guy.

          On the serious note it's just lunchtime. It is what it is. Just a local practice course really, with trick shots, janky baskets, and bad break greens. For quality golf we go to pier where the only thing we can gripe about is the mach 2 spit outs (and right now, the mud).
          took the family to lunchtime this morning to discover a bunch of new pin placements. looks like 1,2,4,8,10,11,12 now all have a A/B location. made for a very fun round!

          Comment

          Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X