• Show
Clear All

• Alcohol OK at Lunchtime?

since when?Where did you get your info?
    As far as I know its not permitted.

If it has changed its news to me.

To ALL,If you drink at our course please take
    your frickin cans with you.There is talk of the
    church pulling the course due to litter and language.

Please help us keep the course clean by packing out what you packed in, including cig butts.

Thanks.

I was definitely under the impression that alcohol was OK at Lunchtime. The board by hole #1 lists a few do's and don'ts, and assumably if alcohol was forbidden, it'd be posted as such.

Does anyone else know anything more about this?

I'll say this much: courses that allow alcohol certainly have bigger litter problems than ones that don't -- Lunchtime and McIver jump to mind. So if they wanted to clear up the litter problem, banning beer might help some.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Here's the "course guidelines" from the church's Web site, which I think is the same thing that's on the kiosk:

Course Guidelines

Course is closed Sundays from 9am to 1pm, due to the high volume of pedestrians and cars. It may also be closed without notice due to weddings, funerals or other church events where there is a large volume of people and traffic.

Always yield to pedestrian and car traffic. If you might hit someone or something, don’t throw. Be safe. You are liable for any cars or pedestrians you hit.

If you break a window or do other property damage to the church property, we are forgiving, but please let us know at the office so we can repair the damage.

If you smoke, be courteous and careful. Fire danger here is high, especially in the summer.

Do not retrieve discs off roofs. For assistance come to the church office or contact us at 503.452.9375 or discgolf@pdxchurch.org.

Respect our disc-golf friendly neighbors, especially near tees #5, #6 and #11 by being reasonably quiet. Respect their property. In case of the dreaded Out-of-Bounds disc, ask permission before retrieving discs from neighboring yards.

Do not litter and help keep the course cleaner than you found it. Trash cans are located near tees #1, #4 and #10.

Dogs are welcome on a leash or voice controlled. Please be courteous. Pick up after your dog and dispose of waste in trash cans.

Please, do not post on the bulletin board without permission. For permission, contact the church at 503.452.9375 or discgolf@pdxchurch.org.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Just to let everyone know.The police made a couple of my freinds pour out their beer at the 5th tee a few weeks ago.They said that the owners didnt want alcahol on the property.Its probably the people that live in the houses along the 5th fairway.To many idiots think its ok to throw a party at that tee.

Comment

During league night this past summer the church announced that as long as open containers are not brought inside the church buildings, alcohol consumption is fine. Obviously this does not give one license to avoid discretion or to litter the course with empties.

I have heard of others being asked by police to empty their beers on the course recently though. I think if I'm ever asked I would politely decline, but I don't expect it to happen since I don't go waving my adult beverage around for others to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper View Post
            Its probably the people that live in the houses along the 5th fairway.
            It's probably the Raz family in the house at the top of the hill across the street by the first hole. They are overly protective of the land that all used to be their dairy farm and can be hostile to disc golfers.

Comment

Thats funny, I just heard that property has been sold.Guy told me they are to build 3 houses in that there field.If that happens say bye bye to hole #1

Comment

That's for sure; no way they could allow hole #1 to exist with houses off to the left.

Maybe there's room to add another hole in the northeast corner of the church's property, below #9 and #10.
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Love the rampant speculation!
                  Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                  Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                  Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                  Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                  Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

lame

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                    That's for sure; no way they could allow hole #1 to exist with houses off to the left.
                    Why? Would that make it too difficult or dangerous a hole?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedisc View Post
                      Why? Would that make it too difficult or dangerous a hole?
                      You've never seen a group of newbies throw 4 out of 5 discs into the empty field to the left of the fence??
                      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Please continue speculation. Do not consider options like changing the hole. Ignore the fact that the course has evolved for safety in numerous ways throughout the years. Deny that the course is ever-changing, has never lost a hole, is highly prized by the church and community, etc. Fear the worst, it's the way of the 21st century!

Now where's that sarcasm emoticon...?

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                          Love the rampant speculation!
                          hey if not for rampant speculation there would be no message board content at all. Now it's off to lunchy with me for some slushy melting snow action!

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                            Maybe there's room to add another hole in the northeast corner of the church's property, below #9 and #10.
                            We did add a few holes in there during Ice Bowls in years past, when we would expand the course to 18 holes!

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                              We did add a few holes in there during Ice Bowls in years past, when we would expand the course to 18 holes!
                              But the flow in that corner is awkward to add a hole...but you could add two...
                              Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                              Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                              Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                              Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                              Or does here stand the last remaining man
                              To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                              No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                              Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                              Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X