Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Opening on Saturday Oct. 16

http://www.dailyastorian.com/Main.as...edium=facebook

Good job Goonies! We talking 9 or 18? Cement Ts??
    educate your thinking

Comment

There are two tees for each of the nine holes. I think you will play the long one in each case.
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

i played the coure on tusday and man its a fun park do like the am pads and the pro pads thay have a good lay out its a nice mix up of long and sort hole the tourerment this weekend sould be fun

Comment

I played it again yesterday. It was the first time I'd been there without the west wind blowing. I unloaded my bag on one to warm up, as a jail crew was up by the 8th tee running weed eaters and burning major wood (probably stuff hauled out from six). I made my drive on two and it landed near the paddy wagon. Two officers approached me. I was recognized as an old acquaintance of one, a friend of a friend. We talked about friends in common and he asked me about disc golf and what I was doing these days. I told him I maintained a disc golf course, but didn't ask to borrow the jail crew, as I'm out of their jurisdiction. By the time we'd finished chatting, the ebbing tide had turned and the east breeze had become the usual sunny day west wind. That's the coast for you.

Anyway, everything is mowed fresh and the fouled chains on a couple baskets had been righted. More clearing had been done on #5 and #6, though, you still don't want to go long, or left, on six, as the salal and fallen trees are not made for friendly hiking. Better to think of laying up short and right. You'll probably get on, or close to, the green with that idea, as it's very steep and not that long. The three inches of rain the other day had raised the water level in the marsh grass on #8. The deputies let me know to expect the lower areas of numbers one and eight to be under water in the wet months. Play to clear the long grasses on eight, or bring your rubber boots. (It's a tough one for me with that tailwind.)

I'd like to be there on Saturday, but I should probably be here at Mud, ready to guide any newcomers through the back woods. The weather report is looking pretty good. Watch out for that afternoon wind.
          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Great turn out of folks yesterday, Steve Nelson was surprised at all the folks who came. Local officials including the folks who run the fairgrounds are very happy to have another way to use the fairgrounds. Did not get a chance to play, though the course looks like a lot of fun, lots of terrain changes and challenging. Great to have another reason to go to the coast! They are also starting a new club there, supporting that club would go a long ways in promoting the sport locally. There were people asking about clinics and such in the future, and I mentioned that belonging to the club would facilitate.that in the long run.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X