X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new solar lights for night golf

Got new solar lights on the Highland course. Found some solar lights that seem to charge in lower light levels (cloudy, under trees) that also seem to stay charged a fairly long time. Remember, if you want to play night golf please be here BEFORE dark.
    Thanks, Bob

Can't wait to check this out soon!!! Thank as always for all the hard work Bob!

Comment

Nice! Thanks Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Horning View Post
        Got new solar lights on the Highland course. Found some solar lights that seem to charge in lower light levels (cloudy, under trees) that also seem to stay charged a fairly long time. Remember, if you want to play night golf please be here BEFORE dark.
        Thanks, Bob
        Very Nice! I always thought solar lights were a brilliant idea and now they are even better! Well played Sir!

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
        Or does here stand the last remaining man
        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Where did you find them at. Also do you have any pictures to post of them in light and then in the dark. Really sounds like a good thing.
          sigpic Gives a whole new meaning to the words Pulling you're Pork.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottyJ View Post
            Where did you find them at. Also do you have any pictures to post of them in light and then in the dark. Really sounds like a good thing.
            Actually Home Depot has them, they are a smaller light, instead of 2.4 lums it's 1.2, so it's a softer light, less energy, longer charge, yet very visible at long distance. I modified the stand for them, shortened and epoxied on a short pipe so it would fit under the protective cage. Yesterday it was cloudy most of the day here, yet last night at 10 PM all the lights were on except for hole #5 where it's super dark during the day. Being a sunny day I imagine that that light should charge up, and if it does not then I'll do some limbing of trees.

I did not put lights again on the tee pads, for folks were complaining that being high up like they were it was ruining their night vision.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X