• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Horning View Post
    One hole, # 16, may be a par 6.
    later,
    Nice work, Bob!

Comment

Originally posted by Darr View Post
      One time I put it 40 feet from the swamp on my drive. I think you need to switch to backhand.
      Dang Darr, that is monstrous. you are one sick puppy. I bet Crider has a tough time getting that shot. You go dawg.
      Training to be a bagger

Comment

IMO Par is what the average Pro would shoot that course over 10 rounds. In other words, you have to truly define what a "PRO" must shoot on ANY course in order to be a "PRO". Once proper standards are applied to a "PRO" player then they can be applied to any course that player shoots 10 rounds on. As you all know, it is fairly common for a person to shoot the round of their life on any course at any time, but the true measure of your ability is determined by the average number of strokes it takes to get around a course over a predetermined number of rounds. The PDGA seems to have gotten this part right. Flash seems to have gotten it right as well. Bob got it the rightest. He understands the way the system should work. He has built 2 courses that play par for 2 types of players. He is working on a 3rd that will cater to the average advanced or Pro player it sounds like. How cool is that? no matter what level you play at, you can spend the day at Hornings having a blast and challenging yourself. I would buy that for $3.00. Way to go Bob. The only thing I ask is that the 3rd course should be able to kick the average Pro's butt. It should be a legit par 3 for 960 rated players and up. That would challenge even the best players in any Oregon Series. The Elite course will come later?

I am going to press Submit now and I expect a **it storm of opposition on this
        Training to be a bagger

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X