X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hole 13 - let the debate begin...

If hole 13 (on the orginal course were to have a par other than three, what should it be? I'm thinking four, but can a case be made for five?

Par 4.

Comment

No way it's 5. Definitely a par 4 though.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

This is the one up the hill IIRC. I like the idea of this being a 4. I have gotten two threes on it, and they felt like birdies. I feel that this is probably a much easier three than 18 on the same course. I think this is true for me because it does not take a full second drive to get to the basket.
        Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

3.57 , we could all use some better math skills and this will accomplish both!
          PDGA #25296
          Stumptown #34

Comment

par 3. its not that long and you rightys shouldn't have any trouble with it. but you cant birdie it so par 4 works to.

Comment

we're calling 13 a par 4, just because calling it a 3.5 just doesn't work. when we set the course up by pdga standards it falls somewhere between a par 3.5 and par 4, so to make things easy par 4 works for me

Comment

Yesterday we made a new t-pad for 13, down below the wood pile instead of above it. This new spot drops the height a least 12 feet, puts a different angle on the throw, and should make this a much more solid par 4. We also poured cement yesterday for alternate and longer target placements on holes 1, 5, 7, 11, 12, 15 and poured cement for the targets that are in the picnic areas around the lake (for those who really want a challenging water shot). The ones around the lake are there to introduce more folks to the game of disc golf, but I'm thinking of having a pot going that one can throw a dollar into and if they ace or even hit metal they win the current pot. We'd have to chose a spot to throw from, so before we set that up I'd like folks to look at it to get their opinion on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Horning View Post
                  ...and poured cement for the targets that are in the picnic areas around the lake (for those who really want a challenging water shot).
                  I'm confused... will these be a couple of free-standing baskets that aren't part of any of the courses?
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                    I'm confused... will these be a couple of free-standing baskets that aren't part of any of the courses?
                    Yes. We do various functions up here, b-days, company picnics, etc... and these extra targets are so these folks can see and get to know disc golf. Basically they are for the most part putting targets for these folks, but as I mentioned we can have a fun pot going for acing or even hitting metal for the one that sits across the lake.

Comment

Yesterday we made a new t-pad for 13, down below the wood pile instead of above it. This new spot drops the height a least 12 feet, puts a different angle on the throw, and should make this a much more solid par 4. We also poured cement yesterday for alternate and longer target placements on holes 1, 5, 7, 11, 12, 15 and poured cement for the targets that are in the picnic areas around the lake (for those who really want a challenging water shot). The ones around the lake are there to introduce more folks to the game of disc golf, but I'm thinking of having a pot going that one can throw a dollar into and if they ace or even hit metal they win the current pot. We'd have to chose a spot to throw from, so before we set that up I'd like folks to look at it to get their opinion on that.
                      Below the tee pad? Now i'll never make par on that one. You're a sick man, Bob Horning Should be a fun shot that could bring the woods on the left in to play even more than they are now. Look forward to bogeying this one!

Comment

Originally posted by Minordiety View Post
                        Below the tee pad? Now i'll never make par on that one. You're a sick man, Bob Horning Should be a fun shot that could bring the woods on the left in to play even more than they are now. Look forward to bogeying this one!
                        Exactly. Right now there has been a debate on whether 13 is a par 4, and this new tee pad placement does bring the woods on the left much more into play. Where the original pad was if you had a heck of an arm you could toss and hook it way up hill. Now the angle is different, so getting it up so far on the first shot is really difficult, so this should make it a solid par 4. The other pad will still be in place if people wish to use that too.

Comment

Exactly. Right now there has been a debate on whether 13 is a par 4, and this new tee pad placement does bring the woods on the left much more into play. Where the original pad was if you had a heck of an arm you could toss and hook it way up hill. Now the angle is different, so getting it up so far on the first shot is really difficult, so this should make it a solid par 4. The other pad will still be in place if people wish to use that too.
                          What is the distance to the pin from this new tee pad?

Comment

Originally posted by Vector_2008 View Post
                            What is the distance to the pin from this new tee pad?
                            It'll depend entirely on how you measure it.
                            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Meh... just thumber it over the forest right up onto the hill for a deuce look. Sounds easy...
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X